Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Massive battery drain

Since last update, even if Spotify is playing in the background, still it drains 30% of battery in one hour (ios 11.4.1). If spotify is on, phone is heating massively.

Reinstalled the app, updated ios from 11.4 to 11.4.1 and its still the same.

Please update asap, this is disgraceful since I pay premium.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the info you've provided. We'd like to inform you that all identified optimizations have been deployed. You can still provide additional feedback in this thread and it will be passed on while we continuously work to improve the app.

Thanks!

Comments
jamiegriffith

i wonder why that's the case for you, i haven't noticed any issues!!

MastarLin

So update 8.4.76 is out in the app store now, can I safely update? Cuz the version now is working fine... 

Guido
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all!

Spotify version 8.4.77 has recently rolled out. We'd like to ask you to update to the most recent version. If you still experience that Spotify is using a lot of battery, please send us over the following:

• Spotify version
  • Version of iOS
  • Which iOS device you are using
  • A screenshot of your battery usage breakdown

Thanks! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

MastarLin

1A8B0070-1050-4172-ACB2-4B22FBFC758D.pngDarn it I was finally happy that it was fixed ... It's back again in combination with 12.1 ☹️

I used Spotify in the train from work between 14-15 pm and the phone just heated up like crazy. 

Spotify version 8.4.77.1041. 

iPhone 8

iOS 12.1
B839043F-32D9-44BA-9FE9-2D31539D0D55.png

Katerina

Hey there @MastarLin,

We can see that there's a newer version of the app. Just to comfirm, after updating, does the issue persist similarly to your last report?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

MastarLin

@Katerina wrote:

Hey there @MastarLin,

We can see that there's a newer version of the app. Just to comfirm, after updating, does the issue persist similarly to your last report?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

Hi,

It seems that it is less frequent now. A lot better but  now it happens outside streaming after a long time! I can't exactly find a pattern in it now... 

loki11

@Guido

I’m experiencing the same issue with my iphone SE since about a month.

My current settings

Iphone SE  ios 12.1

Spotify version 8.4.78

The background App refresh is disable for Spotify as well as the Siri search and notifications.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with same issue

Listening to .5 hours of music offline will drain about 60% of my battery

I’m noticing often when I open the app and start listening to saved songs the battery will drain 4-5% within 2 min. If I close the app completely and reopen it right away the battery will not  be affected but If a wait a while and reopen it  another 2-3% will go right away.

image1.png

jwerasmus

iOS 12.1.1

Spotify 8.4.79.933

iPhone XR

jwerasmus

iOS 12.1.1

Spotify 8.4.79.933

iPhone XR

13F5C7C4-E0A5-44BF-A698-675A70424B3B.png

still_joe

any changes yet? I'm on ios12.1 with iPhone 8 and Spotify is murdering my battery