Massive battery drain

Since last update, even if Spotify is playing in the background, still it drains 30% of battery in one hour (ios 11.4.1). If spotify is on, phone is heating massively.

Reinstalled the app, updated ios from 11.4 to 11.4.1 and its still the same.

Please update asap, this is disgraceful since I pay premium.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the info you've provided. We'd like to inform you that all identified optimizations have been deployed. You can still provide additional feedback in this thread and it will be passed on while we continuously work to improve the app.

Thanks!

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience on this.

Could you try updating to version 8.4.99 on iOS and see if that fixes the issue for you?

If not, then let us know and we'll look into it further.

Thanks!

magwami
I swapped to an X and I haven’t seen it since.
I always keep the apps updated, so I have the lates.

On another note: when will we get an Apple Watch app that works without the phone?
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the info you've provided. We'd like to inform you that all identified optimizations have been deployed. You can still provide additional feedback in this thread and it will be passed on while we continuously work to improve the app.

Thanks!

bryter84

Have been having battery issues as well. Mostly happens when i listen through the iPhone speakers from what i can see. There are usually quick jumps, where the battery suddenly drains for like 10% within 1 minute. I have an iPhone 6 and have the lattest iOS and app version. Disabled bacground app refresh, but still the same issue. The Spotify app uses 50% of the battery pretty much all the time. I miss the good old days of MP3 players where the battery lasts 20+ hours, ha!