Announcements

Memory leak when adding local files leads to freeze and crash on Windows 10

Hi,

I have this issue on three different machines (Lenovo, Dell, Surface Pro 4) all are suited to run Spotify (core i7/i5/m5). It occurs whether I use the Spotify Desktop app or install spotify via Windows store.

When I add local files to the library, Spotify shows a bunch of songs added (about 40) but keeps using up more and more memory of my RAM. After some time, spotify will stop reacting, freezing the entire system, even leading to an occasional blue screen on the computer.

This issue persists since the windows creator update back in 2017. Windows on the machines are all up to date. Even a clean Windows installation, completely updated, installing only spotify will lead to this issue.

It is not acceptable, that such a big issue remains with the main programs of Spotify. What do I pay a premium account for?!

Hey @steffenms,

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
Alfredo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @steffenms!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Let's try turning off Hardware Acceleration under View before trying to add local files to your library again. If that doesn't help, please send us the Spotify version number.

We'll do our best to help you out.

MaríaCamila
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @steffenms,

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂