Announcements

Message shows I'm listening from another device that's not mine

Device:

iPad 

Operating System Version:

iOS 9.2.1

Spotify Version:

Description:

Message says I'm listening from a device that is not mine. It's playing someone else's music and it won't stop.

To reproduce:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. ...

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

I was in the middle of listening to a playlist when in the middle of a song it cut to some other random song and told me I was connected to MacBook Pro de Victoire. I don't know who that is and I'm listening from my iPad. I can't get it to go away and it's making me listen to whatever music that person is playing. Please help, I'm a premium member!

Hey there! 

Thanks for letting us know about this. In this case, we'd suggest you to head over to https://www.spotify.com/account/overview, scroll down and click "Sign out everywhere". Then, just reset your password and that should do the trick. Let us know how it goes.

Keep us posted 🙂

Comments
gnovella16
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey there! 

Thanks for letting us know about this. In this case, we'd suggest you to head over to https://www.spotify.com/account/overview, scroll down and click "Sign out everywhere". Then, just reset your password and that should do the trick. Let us know how it goes.

Keep us posted 🙂

Des_

It did work! Thank you 🙂

taratolton

Hi there! 

I have the opposite problem. I am trying to listen to my spotify music on my computer and on my phone at the same time so I can share my playlists with family, how do you do that? 

gcolbath

taratolton, you can't do that with Spotify -- the Spotify license only lets you stream from one device at a time. If you have a particular playlist you'd like to share with another Spotify account holder, you can create a non-private playlist and send it to them. Then, they can follow it and stream it whenever they'd like, using their Spotify account.

If you want family members to be able to listen, I'd suggest the Spotify family plan, if you're note already using one.

Yasminta

Hi! I've tried many times logging out from alk the devices and my sporify stills stopping. I only have it in my Iphone. What should I do??

lugog

Sign out everywhere doesn't work for me. It says I am listening on my phone which I am not. I stopped using spotify and am using amazon.

phphh

What happened?

rqawceadsfvdafb

Didn't wqork for me. Chrome on a Chromebook web player, thinks I am listening on my Android mobile, which is logged out and powered off. 

totobaby

i'm not seeing that option, "sign out everywhere"

Cerenn

Hi, I have the same problem and I've done all of the things mentioned.

Still my account is mixed up with someone else and all of the playlist are transferred to my account.

Is there any other solution??

Env: prod