Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Crossfade and Automix options on iOS

Hey there,

We've received reports that the Autoplay and Crossfade options are missing on some iOS devices. We'll keep you posted in this thread as the resolution unfolds.

We're sure it'll be resolved soon.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Silvanspotify

Crossfade option not visible in Settings - Playback. Why?

D37F1FF1-E44F-4B79-8907-0C0F3943A020.png

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

My Question or Issue

carlosalfonsodj

Plan

Free/Premium

Country
Canada

Device

(Ipad Air 2, Ipad Mini 5)

Operating System

(iOS 15.6.1)

My Question or Issue

I used to have the crossfade option under Settings + Playback..but now they are gone on my 2 Ipads.

ON my other device the option is there .

MacBook Pro - Crossfade is there

Iphone 13 pro Max - Crossafde is there

See picture (Ipad Air 2) - Settings, there is no crossfade option available

carlosalfonsodj

I have a premium plan

stefandjokic

I've just now noticed the same issue. Spotify removed Crossfade?

I'm on an iPhone 12 Pro Max running Spotify version 8.7.68.568

Lyubka

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

@Silvanspotify  We appreciate the screenshots! Could you share with us the exact Spotify version that you use?

@stefandjokic Would you mind letting us know if this happened after a recent update? Which iOS version you're running?

@carlosalfonsodj We can't see any screenshots in your post. Could you please try attaching them again? Let us know which Spotify version you're currently running on the iPads as well. 

If any of you don't know how to check their app version- go to this FAQ.

We'll be on the lookout for your updates!

Silvanspotify

@Lyubka

I am using the latest version. I can only assume everyone is because iOS auto updates Apps overnight by default.

AF149671-B994-4793-92C9-226B2270EFE3.jpeg

stefandjokic

Same as the latest reply. My iOS version is 16.0, and the Spotify version matches the latest publicly available update, which I installed less than 2 days ago.

carlosalfonsodj

iPad Air 2

IpadOS 15.6.1

Spotify version 8.7.68.568

F5F932CE-5F6B-4270-8B1B-E5A545627AB3.png
BF946ACE-E048-4A08-9B4A-3A657F27A68E.png
dzcharle

Also having the same issue, noticed it's been missing for quite some time now hoping it would come back. On iPhone 11, iOS 16.0, and Spotify version 8.7.68.568. Already did a clean reinstall and restarted my phone a few times and the setting is still missing. It only shows on the desktop app but even then I noticed whatever crossfade settings I set there won't apply to my phone. 

_hbe8n8xm-4gg

I am having the same issue. On ios 16.02, on version 8.7.68.568. I do not have crossfade