Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

Spotify hasn't shown artwork for releases since last Thursday (it started with the "new" albums I played and it now affects all of them, since I've deleted and reinstalled the app).

Places where I don't see covers (and instead there is the usual black image with a thin CD shape): Player, Home tab, Search tab (both for artists and releases), Your Library tav (both artists and releases in the Recently Played section, the Artists section, the Albums section, and the Playlists section). Playlists with automatically-made covers with thumbnails of four releases have the same problem, including the Daily Mixes.

Places where I do see covers: Any playlist with custom artwork (both user-created and Spotify's), Release page (for example, an album in my library doesn't have a cover, but when I tap on it and it goes to its page, it loads), Artist profile.

This happens over WiFi and over cellular (LTE). The screenshot (Airplane mode + WIFI) isn't the only way I've tried it.

I've talked with @SpotifyCares on Twitter and tried logging out/logging in, deleting the app, deleting cache, etc. They also did "some magic backstage" but the situation didn't change. Last message I got is that the info was being sent to the team. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any idea? It's for sure one of the most irritating and frustrating issues I've experienced in Spotify since I became user in 2013.

DziIrBzW0AAcgbn.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience on this.

This should now be fixed - the artwork should start gradually re-appearing soon.

We will keep track of your reports in the coming weeks, and if it's still not fixed then we'll look into it.

Thanks again!

Related Issues

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Plan

Premium

Country

Peru

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I can't see the artworks. I tried everything, reinstall the app, change my WiFi, etc. Just don't work. There's something wrong with my account?, I deleted the caché, change some settings and nothing. 

51892053_853788381646718_6588985122081472512_n.jpg
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @enricll, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

I see you've tried the basic troubleshooting, could you also try with the same account on another device?

Does this happen if you sign in with another Spotify account on this device?

Please let me know :)

guidozoner

I am having the same problem.

Latest iOS release: 12.1.4

Spotify version: 8.4.94.812

E504D76B-1F4D-4D3A-A7C5-D5C56E575F12.png7E385186-09CF-4B5F-8B41-D970658E6A4F.png

enricll
Casual Listener

@Loxer wrote:

I see you've tried the basic troubleshooting, could you also try with the same account on another device?

Does this happen if you sign in with another Spotify account on this device?

Just tried it!

• Same phone, different account: loads everything.
  • Same account, different phone (in this case, a Samsung tablet with Android): loads everything

So it seems to be an issue with my account and the iOS app? Or at least, my account and the iOS app I install in my iPhone 6s? Pretty weird, since I've reinstalled, logged out, and deleted cache multiple times and it keeps happening.

enricll
Casual Listener

New update and the problem persists. Did a complete uninstall and log out.

Jemi
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for the info you've provided so far. If you're having trouble seeing artwork on albums, try the following:

• Reinstall the app.
  • Try another internet connection (WiFi, 4G).
  • Try another device and see if the same thing happens.
  • Make sure any firewall apps are disabled or have Spotify whitelisted.
  • Make sure you're not using any VPNs on your device.

If that doesn't help, add a +VOTE and let us know the following:

• Does this happen to any album, or a few albums? Are they saved in your Library or it doesn't matter?
  • Which devices does this happen on (model and OS)?
  • Spotify version.
  • A screenshot. 

We'll make sure to keep you updated here. Thanks!

enricll
Casual Listener

@Jemi wrote:
  • Reinstall the app.
  • Try another internet connection (WiFi, 4G).
  • Try another device and see if the same thing happens.

I've already done this, as I said in previous posts. So I'll jump directly into the second part.

• Does this happen to any album, or a few albums? Are they saved in your Library or it doesn't matter?

It happens with all of the releases, albums, EPs, singles, etc. Even with playlists that render album artwork (including Spotify's Daily Mixes). It doesn't matter if they are saved in my Library, same behaviour. Even when you're searching, artists and releases don't have artwork or pictures. The only place where album covers do show up is on album pages (where you see the tracklist) and some sections of the Home tab.

• Which devices does this happen on (model and OS)?

iPhone 6s running iOS 12.1.4

• Spotify version.

Version 8.4.94

• A screenshot. 

spotify3.jpgspotify4.jpgspotify1.jpgspotify2.jpg

OckhamsRaver
Regular

My issue is slightly different. The now playing album art view will simply have no image often, not even a blank square with a note icon. HTC One M9, Android 7, Spotify 8.4.94.817

Hey there folks,

It'd be helpful if you could let us know the time when this occurs for you exactly. We'll make sure to pass this on to our tech teams that are looking into this.

Thanks!

_itsbmendes

Hey there folks! So, I woke up and noticed that my library was totally empty, no songs, The same with all my playlists (empty, even Spotify’s ones) I’m frustrated, my laptop is in the same conditions and I tried in other devices and doesn’t work! I’m premium and I have no idea what to do. I’ve reinstalled the app and doesn’t work neither, in any device. Help!