Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Motorola g7 Plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The canvas disappeared and I want to activate them, try another account and if this is working, but in my account it does not appear, I already uninstalled the application and erased the data and even reset my device And the canvas does not work, all the solutions in other forums does not work, i need a real solution, and quickly

Screenshot_20200607-121441.png

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed - just make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're not seeing Canvas in Settings, perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone.

In order to enable Canvas:

- Make sure Data Saver is OFF
- Under Playback, Canvas should be ON

Note: Not all songs have a Canvas, and the feature is gradually being rolled out, so it's not available in all markets yet. We'll post an update here when we have any new info to share on this.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Larabrown325

Plan

Free

Country

Greece

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016)

Operating System

Android 7.1

My Question or Issue

So a few months ago I was keep switching on my canvas option.But it wasn't working.Now I don't even have the option for canvas.Please help me

Mario

Hey @Larabrown325,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind  checking if there's any software updates available for your Samsung Galaxy and then performing a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if your app features are then successfully updated?

If this doesn't do the trick, it'd' be good to consider that tests are constantly run in order to improve Spotify and if you're missing the Canvas option, here you'll find more info regarding why. We'd also suggest to keep making sure your Spotify is constantly updated so you won't miss the latest features and improvements.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Larabrown325

Yep I just did that...But I'll try to wait..Thank you!

Ivan

Hey there @fergadz

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

The canvas feature isn’t currently available everywhere in the world and this might be the reason why you see your friend using it but the setting not being available on your Spotify account. 

We're constantly working on making all the Spotify features available in as many places as possible, so if something isn’t currently available in your country it might become available in the future back again.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

fergadz

Hey there Ivan,

I don't think this is the case because the people who I saw have the canvas option is from the same region as me which is Indonesia. Please push an update for this because I would really like to see the canvas option. 

Ivan

Hey @fergadz,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind it's possible the unavailability of the canvas feature in Indonesia gets rolled-out gradually and not all Spotify users will experience the same immediately. Probably some accounts will be affected by this change also on a later stage. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

23j

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus 5

Operating System

Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10)

My Question or Issue

Although my device shows a toggle switch option for enabling/disabling Canvas, the feature doesn't work at all for any songs. I have tried clearing storage and clean reinstall of the app several times, to no avail. Is Canvas not available in India till now? If yes, why is there a toggle option in the settings if the feature does not work? 

I was using Spotify Free in Spain earlier this year and it was working fine at the time. Please help?

Screenshot_20200615-130344.jpg
Ivan

Hey there @23j

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

The canvas feature isn’t currently available everywhere and this might be the reason why you can still see the toggle switch as available but not active. This change wouldn't affect all Spotify users at the same time since it's being gradually rolled out across different countries. 

We constantly work towards making all the Spotify features available in as many places as possible, so if something isn’t currently available in your country it might become available in the future again.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

LADD97

Plan

Premium

Country

Bahrain

Device

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Canvas feature in my iPhone 11 is not working. I double checked my settings (datasaver and playback) but still missing when listening to music. I also reinstalled the application yet still the same. Maybe you can help me solve this through. Thank you in advance! 

MrGC
Some songs do not have a canvas, here is a playlist of loads of songs with canvas (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1UzYNDdjN2bWsLiN1Ns9oo), play a few of these songs, and let me know if the canvas feature is showing.