Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Motorola g7 Plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The canvas disappeared and I want to activate them, try another account and if this is working, but in my account it does not appear, I already uninstalled the application and erased the data and even reset my device And the canvas does not work, all the solutions in other forums does not work, i need a real solution, and quickly

Screenshot_20200607-121441.png

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed - just make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're not seeing Canvas in Settings, perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone.

In order to enable Canvas:

- Make sure Data Saver is OFF
- Under Playback, Canvas should be ON

Note: Not all songs have a Canvas, and the feature is gradually being rolled out, so it's not available in all markets yet. We'll post an update here when we have any new info to share on this.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
acNizam95

It's weird as even they can't figure out the solution. There's no way they are testing a new "feature". At least give us some solid information about what is happening.

Sleepyace
I want to turn on canvas. But when I go to playback in settings, I don’t have the option. Is there anyway to fix it? I genuinely want to use it and I have deleted the app and downloaded it again. I would prefer not to change accounts.
lewishawthorn_

im in the uk, and my canvas option isnt there at all, all my friends have it apart from me, i have googled everything to try get it on but it has just disappeared and isn’t on the settings

thisisgg

my whole family has canvas on their spotify besides me! I love seeing those videos while the song is playing or having them playing in the back while i’m doing work etc. please BRING IT BACK!! 

Rizalhs12

Hello sir,  my phone stopped loading the canvas videos in the applied songs. I tried reinstalling the app, deleting cache, deleting online cache and many other methods but nothing worked. I also contacted support but they told me that they had no solution for this problem. Instead of loading the video, the songs with Canvas have the album cover with a dark filter on top of it, implying that it wi eventually load or something (it never happens). I managed to find a temporary solution to this, if you click the share option in a song and wait for it to load, the interface shows its canvas video and how it should look like, then close the song window and open it again to show it. Unfortunately I need to do this in each and every single song with the canvas feature. Does anyone have a possible solution that isn't mentioned? Or is my only option to wait for it to eventually fix itself? Please help, not even the Spotify Cares guy could do something

I don't have a canvas feature
Lyubka

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Can you let us know if you were able to see Canvas on songs before? 

If so, we can recommend to check your Settings and make sure that Canvas option is toggled on. After you check this, please do log out > restart your device> log back in to see if you'll be able to see the videos.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

twentiethavenue

Same problem, the canvas feature suddenly decided to disappear from my account and it hasnt been back since (2 years). Tried contacting spotify about it when it first happened and of course as always I did not get a solution. 

Adair1

The same is happening to me, I created a new account and it had the Canvas, but when I return to my normal account, eveything dissapears, I don't even have the button to activate them.

I’ve tried going to settings then under playback to turn the canvas button on but it is not there. I’ve tried updating, deleting the app and redownloading it, clean uninstall, i’ve tried everything.