Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Motorola g7 Plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The canvas disappeared and I want to activate them, try another account and if this is working, but in my account it does not appear, I already uninstalled the application and erased the data and even reset my device And the canvas does not work, all the solutions in other forums does not work, i need a real solution, and quickly

Screenshot_20200607-121441.png

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed - just make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're not seeing Canvas in Settings, perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone.

In order to enable Canvas:

- Make sure Data Saver is OFF
- Under Playback, Canvas should be ON

Note: Not all songs have a Canvas, and the feature is gradually being rolled out, so it's not available in all markets yet. We'll post an update here when we have any new info to share on this.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Ivan

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Keep in mind the canvas feature isn’t currently available everywhere in the world and this might be the reason why you can reproduce this behavior across different Spotify accounts. It's possible that this change hasn't been rolled out to all accounts in your region yet and that's why you can use the canvas after logging in with a different account.      

However, if you see the canvas setting available when using another account, we'd suggest you follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. You'll find useful tips on how to create a new Spotify account without losing the music collection you created in your original account.  

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

alexmh92

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

Iphone 11 Pro

Operating System

IOS 13.4

My Question or Issue

For some reason my canvas has stopped working on my spotify account. I have checked in settings -> playback and I no longer have the option to turn canvas on or off anymore. I decided to do a clean install of spotify following a guide on here and it did not help. I then made a new account and for some reason the setting is available on the new account and I can see canvas's. When logging back into my main account I still do not have the option to see them so this must be an account issue?

SoundShots

Hi alexmh92!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

You can find an explanation of why you might not be seeing this feature on your account in this support article.

Cheers!

alexmh92

Hello,

This does not really solve my issue as up until last week my account had access to Canvas’ for months. It has suddenly disappeared from my account and I would like to know why. I pay for a family subscription and have less features now than a new account I created yesterday to confirm my issue???

alexmh92

As a further follow up I have confirmed that other family members on the family plan have access to view the Canvas' but I don't. Please could you advise.

SoundShots

If the problem persisted after the clean reinstall of the app, it means you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running. 

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Fishtaco

I have lost the option to choose whether canvas should be on or off. Canvas seems to be removed for me as well. 

To be hones, it’s not really a feature since it does not provide anything more than a looping video for a few seconds. It was more a nice touch, but it’s really nothing I’ll miss. And I think that you shouldn’t either 😉 

lunarmatt

When using Spofity on iPhone 11, I tried listening to songs that includes the Canvas feature and Canvas is not showing on Playback under Settings. When I use Spotify on different mobile devices, the option is available. I'm a North American. Any resolution to solve this problem?

Mario

Hey @lunarmatt,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind  checking if there's any software updates available for your iPhone 11 and then performing a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if your app features are then successfully updated?

If this doesn't do the trick, it'd' be good to consider that tests are constantly run in order to improve Spotify and if you're missing the Canvas option, here you'll find more info regarding why. We'd also suggest to keep making sure your Spotify is constantly updated so you won't miss the latest features and improvements.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

fergadz

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

I viewed my friends Instagram story the other day and I was wondering how they were able to get the canvas feature to be available. When I checked my Spotify, the option is no longer there but I remember a while back it was working fine. The option to turn the option is no longer available.