Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Motorola g7 Plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The canvas disappeared and I want to activate them, try another account and if this is working, but in my account it does not appear, I already uninstalled the application and erased the data and even reset my device And the canvas does not work, all the solutions in other forums does not work, i need a real solution, and quickly

Screenshot_20200607-121441.png

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed - just make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're not seeing Canvas in Settings, perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone.

In order to enable Canvas:

- Make sure Data Saver is OFF
- Under Playback, Canvas should be ON

Note: Not all songs have a Canvas, and the feature is gradually being rolled out, so it's not available in all markets yet. We'll post an update here when we have any new info to share on this.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Larabrown325

Okay thank youuu.I'll just wait then.

kayladp

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1

Spotify version: 8.5.60

My Question or Issue

Awhile ago, the canvas option on my account was available and working just fine. After a while, it doesn’t show up anymore. I have tried reinstalling the app, but it still didn’t work. I tried making a new account, and it turns out the canvas option is working just fine. Can you please help me fix this? I won’t be able to transfer my things to a new account because of my premium plan.

Peter

Hey @kayladp,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. 

This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. More info on that can be found here.

Since the feature seems to be working fine on the other account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this Spotify Answer to transfer over your saved music and playlists.

As for the subscription, the best thing to do is to cancel it and wait for the account to revert back to free, and then upgrade to Premium on your new account.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

Deliria19

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Philippines

Device

Samsung Galaxy A7 2018

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Back then, my account already has the Canvas feature but recently, I noticed that it is gone. I have tried the clean reinstall solution and when I ask my sibling to login her account in my phone (we are under the same Family Plan) her account has the feature and when I switch back to mine, it's gone again. We are in the same country setting too. How can I solve this?

Screenshot_20200624-174507_Spotify.jpg

Mario

Hey @Deliria19,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

What you're experiencing might be due to some testing. This means that your Spotify might look different than your friends', even with the same Country settings.

To make sure you're always on top of such changes, you can enable automatic updates on your device. You'll find more info regarding this here if you'd like to take a look. This way, you won't miss the feature by the time it's back.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• your device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version (to make sure you're on the latest version, follow these steps)

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Deliria19

@Mario: I see. Can I opt out the experiment if my account is under one? I like to share songs on Instagram and it's frustrating that I can not right now because I want them to see the Canvas on the IG Stories.

@Peter: Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (Android 10). Spotify version 8.5.64.1046

fergadz

@kayladp: You and I are having the same exact problem. Some of our Indonesian friends are able to have the canvas feature and we're the ones that can't. 

@Peter: IPhone 7 + iOS 13.5.1. Spotify Version: 8.5.60.881

aqilaibrahim

@Peter : Xiaomi Redmi 4A + Android 7.1.N2G47H (MIUI GLOBAL 10.2.3)

Spotify version: 8.5.64.1046

My phone also don't have the Canvas feature or option.

Freezybang

Plan

Premium Family

Country

DEUTSCHLAND

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.5

Version Spotify: 8.5.65

My Question or Issue

I also have a problem with Canvas. Everything had worked quite well, so far I have downloaded last Update. I try to switch on Canvas on another device, but I have no Canvas there. I don't want to create a new account. There is a sense to wait for Canvas in this account?