Country

Mexico

Device

Moto E4

Operating System

Android Nougat (7.1.1)

Spotify Version:

My Question or Issue

When downloading files, their album art renders incomplete, showing chunks in black.

Tried clearing cache, redownloading playlists, reinstalling app even reformatting SD Card but issue is still going.

Please help.

Screenshot_20191106-224314.png

Hey all,

Thanks for giving us some examples so far.

If you haven't yet, please click +VOTE and send us over the following:

• Spotify version
  • Device
  • OS version
  • If it only happens in Offline or when stream in Online as well
  • What you are playing when this happens

We'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

Related Issues

Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all,

If you are new here and are experiencing this example as well, please click +VOTE and send us over the following:

• Spotify version
  • Device
  • OS version

We will let you know as soon as we have more info.

Casual Listener

20200106_000434-min.jpg

Android headunit running 4.4.4 kitkat

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all,

If you haven't yet, please click +VOTE and send us over the following:

• Spotify version
  • Device
  • OS version
  • If it only happens in Offline or when stream in Online as well
  • What you are playing when this happens

We'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

Visitor

I´m using the latest version of Spotify in the Play Store

Chuwi HI8 Tablet

Android Kitkat 4.4.4

Happens both online and offline 

In my device the art gets cropped and looks white 

When I use spotify in my Iphone 11 it works well, i think it´s a problem of the latest update in android, because it used to work fine in both devices i have

I first claimed that this happens only offline. Now I've to correct myself, it does happen online too. With any playlist. Yet, only my Android phone, never on my PC. Happens with both - saved for offline usage and not-saved playlists.

Casual Listener

Mine seems to happen both offline and online, randomly any song will have the album art missing like above and some days it's there.

Quite frustrating as a couple of months ago, the app looked better when the album art actually took half the screen 

Spotify Legend

Hey @Neoflare@MDJand @brmdz,

Can you please do a reinstallation and confirm you have upgraded to the most recent version?

We will also need the exact version because this might differ per user.

Looking forward to your reply.

Visitor

Yes, I tried a clean reinstall. Same problem.

Version 8.5.40.195

I can claim that reinstalls most of time don't solve issues. I have had a problem where some of my offline songs would get deleted and I'd need to connect to internet to download them again. Different moderators said that this was all about bad installation thus I need to reinstall. I did that. A couple times with my turtle-slow internet connection I had to redownload 1000+ songs. And guess what? No improvement at all! And this isn't only about Spotify. Ask any help online and you instantly get drowned with a long list of general answers which don't solve anything (especially on Microsoft forums where people get help from other people, not from the creator of the software).

My Spotify, together with my other apps, is always up-to-date. I'm not going to reinstall Spotify and redownload everything.

Casual Listener

Same as above, always kept up to date and have tried downloading again for offline and online and still the white covers appear.

It's only on my headunit, my phone a samsung note 9 works fine