Country

Mexico

Device

Moto E4

Operating System

Android Nougat (7.1.1)

Spotify Version:

My Question or Issue

When downloading files, their album art renders incomplete, showing chunks in black.

Tried clearing cache, redownloading playlists, reinstalling app even reformatting SD Card but issue is still going.

Please help.

Screenshot_20191106-224314.png

Hey all,

Thanks for giving us some examples so far.

If you haven't yet, please click +VOTE and send us over the following:

• Spotify version
  • Device
  • OS version
  • If it only happens in Offline or when stream in Online as well
  • What you are playing when this happens

We'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

Related Issues

Comments

Hey there folks,

@brmdz we really appreciate adding this info! We've passed it along to our tech teams.

@Neoflare and @MDJ - thanks for that! Just to confirm, could you let us know the exact version of the app you're on? On an Android device, you can find this on Home > Settings> scroll to the bottom to About.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

I'm on 8.5.41.531

Visitor

Updated to 8.5.41.531

Same problem..

Casual Listener

And still the same problem, I've even deleted again and cleared everything and did a fresh install and downloading my saved songs again..

I dont understand how all of a sudden it just happened when it was working fine.

It's not that big of a deal, but to go from half screen album art, to small thumbnail floating at the top, to now having some white bar covering most the album art just sucks.

Same issue there too. I contacted Spotify for Android support and they gave me all the a.m. suggestions, but no success. I suppose they have to update again their app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

@brmdz - could you check to see if there's an update for your tablet's OS?

For those of you still experiencing this issue on Spotify version 8.5.41.531 on Android, could you also confirm that you don't have any pending updates for your device's OS?

Thanks - keep us posted!

I'm on the last version of Android Nougat - 7.1.2

Visitor

My tablet doesn’t have any software updates.

still have the same problem btw.

Visitor

Screenshot_20200206-152931.png

same here... really annoying..i am using 3 different android KitKat,Nougat and Pie..only happen to Android nougat..please fix this issues,spotify version 8.5.43.724 Android 7.0 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us @MDJ and @brmdz - we've passed this along to the right teams!

There's currently a newer version of the app available on Android devices. Could you let us know if the issue still persists for you after updating? If so, please add the exact version of Spotify you end up with as it's very useful for the teams looking into this.

@CheRoslan89 we really appreciate adding this info! We've passed it on, thanks!