Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Issues with playlist sorting and playing songs accordingly (SOLVED check mod:Mario comment)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

With the new playlist sorting and filtering options I lost the ability to have my play order descend from the top while using the "Recently Added ^ (newest at the top/oldest at bottom of playlist)" sorting option.

I want to open my playlist and see the newly added songs at the top, and when I play one for it to play the next song downwards.

However now when I do that it wants to play going upwards, so if I choose the 4th song from the top instead of it going to the 5th song from the top, it moves into the 3rd. 

Me no likey.

If there's an option to choose play order, I'm not seeing it. If there's not an option for that, can we please get one. Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thank you for your precious patience and collaboration 🙂 

Happy to confirm this should now be fixed if you: 

1. Restart the app by force closing it on your phone
  2. Log out of your account and back in again

Little reminder to try the above steps a couple of times if things don't change after only one attempt.

Cheers!

Comments
lemonbridget

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

Since the new update I can no longer play my playlists in recently added + ascending order. It's like the playlist thinks the first song is the last, and it will then switch to 'playlists based on' instead of the next song. If I view the queue, it's blank. Conversely, if I play the last song in the playlist, the queue will show the songs going back up (if that makes sense). I've restarted and reinstalled the app and no change. It functions fine on PC, it only seems to be an issue with the Android app. Is this a bug or a feature? 

Marls2811

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Google Pixel 4

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Whenever I sort my playlists by recently added, rather than playing top to bottom like usual, as of yesterday it has started playing from bottom to top.

juanjomartin97
Will this be the new way of sorting? or is just a bug?
Marls2811
I dunno, but it's awfully inefficient since if I want to listen to my newest songs I have to scroll to the bottom of my playlist, if I display them at the top it just looks back all the way to the beginning of my playlist rather than playing downwards
mikutzz

Same issue here. Please fix this, Spotify team, it's really annoying

GlennBeagan

I sort my playlists to recently added and then the song would play from the top of the playlist downwards. Ever since the update I can still sort the playlist to recently added but the songs play up the playlist now. For example I play the most recent song at the top of the playlist and then it jumps to the very first song added to the playlist rather than going down the playlist to the second, third fourth song etc down the playlist. Would love an option to pick what direction the songs play on playlists or at least revert it back to the way it was.

CarlosE

Hi there @lemonbridget,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

You can sort your playlist by date added, either descending or ascending, by tapping on the 3-dot menu on the top right corner > Sort playlist > Recently added. When you tap on it, you'll see a green arrow next to it indicating if it's ascending or descending. To switch between ascending or descending, you just need to tap again on Recently added.

Try that and let us know if the issue with the Queue persists. If it does, could you send us a screen recording so we can have a better understanding of what's happening exactly?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

Emilia_8

Hello and thank you for reporting this @Marls2811@mikutzz@juanjomartin97!

Could you try logging out, restarting your devices and logging back in to see if that helps?

If not, I'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of your app. Make sure to follow the steps provided here

If this issue persists after all the troubleshooting steps, I would be helpful if you could share a screen recording of what you see in the app, so the right team can take a closer look. 

Keep me posted! 

Emilia_8

Hello @Jakychap

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if that helps!

Could you try logging out, restarting your devices and logging back in to see if that helps?

If not, I'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of your app. Make sure to follow the steps provided here

Let me know how it goes! 

Jakychap

Done and done, and nope doesn't change a thing.

Still plays ascending upwards when sorting Recently Added ↑

Reinstalling and logging out and back in didn't solve the issue.