Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Issues with playlist sorting and playing songs accordingly (SOLVED check mod:Mario comment)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

With the new playlist sorting and filtering options I lost the ability to have my play order descend from the top while using the "Recently Added ^ (newest at the top/oldest at bottom of playlist)" sorting option.

I want to open my playlist and see the newly added songs at the top, and when I play one for it to play the next song downwards.

However now when I do that it wants to play going upwards, so if I choose the 4th song from the top instead of it going to the 5th song from the top, it moves into the 3rd. 

Me no likey.

If there's an option to choose play order, I'm not seeing it. If there's not an option for that, can we please get one. Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thank you for your precious patience and collaboration 🙂 

Happy to confirm this should now be fixed if you: 

1. Restart the app by force closing it on your phone
  2. Log out of your account and back in again

Little reminder to try the above steps a couple of times if things don't change after only one attempt.

Cheers!

Comments
EvofusionTM

I'm having the exact same issue on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. The only thing that I have found that works is to queue up a playlist on desktop AND THEN it will correctly play from newest to oldest.

I hope Spotify fixes this because this is a MAJOR bug.

Xenia

Hey there folks,

We'd like to take a closer look at what's happening. There's an Ongoing Issue here that we're currently looking into, which sounds similar to what you're describing - is that what you're experiencing? If yes, please head over there to add your details, so we have all the info in one place.

If you're experiencing something different, it'd be great if you could provide the following info:

• The device(s) this is happening on (incl. make/model and OS)
  • The exact Spotify version
  • Exact steps to reproduce
  • Does it happen on any device (mobile, desktop, web player)?
  • Does it happen with any playlist (if it's only a specific playlist, please share the URI)?
  • Do you have complete albums added to the playlists this is happening on?
  • Can you share a screen recording, showing the issue

Thanks - Keep us posted!

chidera207

Can someone do something about this. 

About 2 days ago, suddenly the playing order of tracks on my playlist doesn't play according to the order selected.

I like to listen to my tracks as recently added first (buttom to top), however when this order is selected, it actually plays according to the custom order (top to bottom) which is mad frustrating.

I have reset the app & cleared the data and all that troubleshooting nonsense with no avail. 

Spotify please fix this. 

Oshidoshi

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Samsung s10e

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify needs to fix the issue with the sorting of your playlist. IF you sort your playlist with date added its supposed to make your most recent song the first song in your playlist. LIKE before but now all the sorting by date added does is keep the playlist the same. so if play my most recent song the playlist ends. this sucks because i have 500+ songs on my playlist. i just want it to continue playing the next most recent song i added to my playlist. Can you please fix this issue and make it like it was before.

Evilinacloset

The issue you linked is quite different from this one. I attached a screen recording. When you press the next button or let the playlist roll, it plays the songs in upwards order. I have it set to Recently added with latest added songs on top. If you press the back button during a song, it will then play them in the correct order. The queue is reversed.

Samsung Galaxy 8 here, Android version 9. Spotify version 8.6.24.918. The issue only occurs on my phone, chromebook is fine. Happens with all playlists I created. Spotify ones that I follow however do not have this issue. And yes I reinstalled and installed the app a few times.

Jakychap
This is it exactly! Thanks for being smart and including a screen video! Now we just need to wait for a fix!
CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

@Evilinacloset, we appreciate you sending the screen recording and the extra info.

@Jakychap, could you send us the rest of the info that @Xenia requested above so we can further investigate this?

We'll be on the lookout.

Jakychap

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro

Android Version: 11

Spotify Version: 8.6.24.918

Happens on any playlist with the sorting Recently Added ↑

Reinstalled, logged out and back in, still happens. 

DivineSeraph

[Mobile] When I sort a playlist by recently added and select the top song to play, only that song is added to my queue, the playlist is not added to the queue. Can we play a Playlist in sorted order, please?

Mario
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + operating system version (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 9 + Android 11)
  • exact Spotify version
  • Does it happen with any playlist (if it's only a specific playlist, please share the URI)?
  • Do you have complete albums added to the playlists this is happening on?
  • a video of the steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!