Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Issues with playlist sorting and playing songs accordingly (SOLVED check mod:Mario comment)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

With the new playlist sorting and filtering options I lost the ability to have my play order descend from the top while using the "Recently Added ^ (newest at the top/oldest at bottom of playlist)" sorting option.

I want to open my playlist and see the newly added songs at the top, and when I play one for it to play the next song downwards.

However now when I do that it wants to play going upwards, so if I choose the 4th song from the top instead of it going to the 5th song from the top, it moves into the 3rd. 

Me no likey.

If there's an option to choose play order, I'm not seeing it. If there's not an option for that, can we please get one. Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thank you for your precious patience and collaboration 🙂 

Happy to confirm this should now be fixed if you: 

1. Restart the app by force closing it on your phone
  2. Log out of your account and back in again

Little reminder to try the above steps a couple of times if things don't change after only one attempt.

Cheers!

Comments
palecry

Hey,

had several comms with support before having posted here.

Support "solutions" didnt help (delete cache, reinstall, dont use sd card,...), only prepared text blocks without success...

Then i came here and now i know i posted a problem onto the wrong thread...

So in the end the problem persists, no help via support and wrong place on the community.

But at least now after the latest update spotify advertises in my premium account whether i want some family account...

Thanks spotify...and yes, i believe again i'm wrong posting this here...but: i don't care about my failures, too...

EmmytheSweet

I am on a Mac and also having an ongoing issue of Spotify playing my podcasts in a random order and I cannot for the life of me figure out why it won't play in the order podcast episodes were released (oldest to newest - does not play oldest to newest when sorted this way - just displays oldest to newest and plays... whatever) - No, I do not want to listen to Part 4 of a 5 part episode BEFORE I listen to Part 2. Yes, I have restarted, cleared the cache, deleted all associated folders, reinstalled, clicked the "Sort by" option and tried sorting it in ascending and descending order - it still just plays episodes in an order I cannot figure out. I think having the "unplayed" option like on the phone helps in the workaround since it'll only add unplayed episodes to the queue but this is not an option on the desktop application for Mac nor is it an option in the web player. I have also manually cleared my queue and selected each episode in the order I want it played but 1) it doesn't stay that way when you switch devices 2) I don't think it is intended for users who pay a monthly premium to have to manually interact with the app in that way.

Also, do people use the shortest/longest episode play order? This seems unnecessary and slightly frustrating for the podcast section of Spotify.

ecosse01

Not sure if this is fully fixed at all?

Still have to do this numerous times per day, even reinstalled but the playlists persist in resorting away from my preferred Newest first to Oldest first!:

1. Restart the app by force closing it on your phone
  2. Log out of your account and back in again
DrDamage

I love how this has been marked as "FIXED!" but was not fixed. Typical spotify. Great job guys. Thank you for letting me pay you money for this.