[Mobile] Music stops playing when phone screen is locked

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

My Question or Issue

My music stops playing when I lock the screen. I've tried to reinstall and removed Spotify from sleeping apps. It only happens when it's on speaker.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your patience!

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage so that this should be now fixed.

If you're still having troubles, make sure to try a clean reinstallation of the app with the steps first here and if the issue persists, let us know in the relevant Help Board.

Thanks again 🙂

Comments
Katerina
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your patience!

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage so that this should be now fixed.

If you're still having troubles, make sure to try a clean reinstallation of the app with the steps first here and if the issue persists, let us know in the relevant Help Board.

Thanks again 🙂

mhutchz
Regular

I had this problem too (but only when using my earbuds) and nothing fixed it EXCEPT cleaning out the headphone jack with a pointy wooden stick (like a toothpick). There was a very small amount of fluff in there. After removing the fluff, the music didn't stop anymore.

mhutchz
Regular

I had this problem too and nothing fixed it EXCEPT cleaning out the headphone jack with a pointy wooden stick (like a toothpick). There was a very small amount of fluff in there. After removing the fluff, the music didn't stop anymore.

michaelvcowan

Spotify randomly stops playing on all devices.

Laptop running Spotify App - randomly stops playing all day.

Roku at home  - randomly stops playing all day.

Iphone running app - randomly stops playing all day unless playing offline saved music.

iPad running app - randomly stops playing.

No errors.  No warnings.  Please fix.  Unless I download music and make offline, it stops playing randomly.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times.

WatchMeThrone
Visitor

Experiencing similar issues as described here since around the time Android 11 came out. 

Device: Google Pixel 3a XL (mainly), Chromebook as well

Description:

• Main (Pixel):
    • Randomly my spotify starts acting up. Especially when display shuts off. and it starts "stottering" and then completely stops working until either logging back into phone or waking up screen. Title still shows as playing though
  • Also
    • (Pixel) sometimes songs/podcasts are not reflected in current play and still shows old title but plays
    • (Pixel) Sometimes settings are acting up and it is all blacked out
    • (Pixel + Chrome) yesterday the Library loaded forever

Solutions tested

• Deinstall and reinstall app
  • Clear storage and cache + reinstall
  • Reset Google Play Store and reinstall all updates
  • Resetting of App Preferences
  • Trial of setting up new account but acted up right away

Not tried

• Cleaning up headphone slot. (Issue of "stottering" and stopping happens a lot when headphones or AUX plugged in - not right away though and not exclusively) 

Related Issues