[Mobile] Music stops playing when phone screen is locked

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

My Question or Issue

My music stops playing when I lock the screen. I've tried to reinstall and removed Spotify from sleeping apps. It only happens when it's on speaker.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your patience!

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage so that this should be now fixed.

If you're still having troubles, make sure to try a clean reinstallation of the app with the steps first here and if the issue persists, let us know in the relevant Help Board.

Thanks again 🙂

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

This problem is happening to my S9+ too. Started a couple weeks ago.

Regular

Me too, S10+ here. Making me nuts.

Casual Listener

Is spotify also doing smth about it or does this community forum only exist for existing?

Cant believe it.

Casual Listener

4 days later since the last post.

Still the same problem.

Spotify doesnt care. GGs.

Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9)

Operating System

(Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

Ich habe seit ein paar Wochen ein Samsung Galaxy S9 und heute das 1. Mal Spotify auf diesem benutzt. Dabei habe ich festgestellt, dass Spotify die Musik pausiert, wenn der Display gesperrt ist und ich das Handy schrägt, nach unten oder Ähnliches halte. Im Samsung Music Player passiert dies nicht woraus ich schließe, dass es an Spotify liegt. Ich habe auch keine Einstellungen verändert. Das Stoppen der Musik nervt extrem und verdirbt mir die Lust Spotify zu nutzen. Was kann ich tun? Woran liegt das?

Casual Listener

Nevermind guys. They dont care for our problems 🙂

Hey @J93122,

Thanks for sharing this in the Community! Hope you don't mind me answering in English 🙂

Please follow the steps in this post in the exact same order as given there and let us know what happens.

We're here for you 🙂

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify crashes if I'm not on the app. If I turn off the screen, go out of the app, Spotify will crash in a few seconds. When I open it again it sometimes glitches and won't let me open up playlists and sometimes offers me to get premium.

I've logged out and back into my account, reinstalled the app, ran through all software updates on my phone, checked for spotify updates, cleared cache and it all didn't help. I haven't found a solution yet and I'm desperate to solve this. 

EDIT: Spotify kicks me out of my account too now

Casual Listener

Hi!!! I've experienced a similar issue in the past, this sounds really dumb but have you tried restarting your phone? I have a different brand (Apple) but when that happened to me I restarted my phone and that fixed the issue.

Visitor

Yup, I have restarted it many, many times. With every software update it restarted anyway. Did not solve the issue but thanks 🙂