[Mobile] Music stops playing when phone screen is locked

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

My Question or Issue

My music stops playing when I lock the screen. I've tried to reinstall and removed Spotify from sleeping apps. It only happens when it's on speaker.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your patience!

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage so that this should be now fixed.

If you're still having troubles, make sure to try a clean reinstallation of the app with the steps first here and if the issue persists, let us know in the relevant Help Board.

Thanks again 🙂

Comments
Petya
Community Legend

Hey @tony1278,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Please take a look at this answer and follow the steps in the exact same order as given there. Let us know what happens.

We're here for you 🙂

Petya
Community Legend

Hey all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention in the Community! Sorry for the belated reply.

Please follow the steps in this post in the exact same order as given there and let us know if your issue persists.

We'll be keeping an eye on your replies 🙂

tony1278
Music Fan
I've already done this, hasn't worked.
Petya
Community Legend

Hey @minelloe,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Please follow the steps in this post in the exact same order as given there and let us know what happens.

We're here for you 🙂

Merissah
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada 

Device

Samsung galaxy 10

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

My music streaming will pause/stop streaming when my phone is left unattended. It doesn't matter if my music is downloaded or not, or when batter/power setting my phone is set to. It doesnt happen consistently, last night I was streaming music just fine off my phone, but this morning I would stop 2-10 times per song. I should also add that when my headphones are plugged in or when I am using my bluetooth devices it does not ever stop. 

Petya
Community Legend

Hey @georgsmarien,

Thanks for sharing this in the Community and sorry for the belated reply! Hope you don't mind me answering in English 🙂

Could you follow the steps in this post in the exact same order as given there and let us know what happens? Thanks in advance!

We're here for you 🙂

Petya
Community Legend

Hey @Acchaz1989,

Thanks for letting us know about this in the Community! And sorry for the belated reply. 

Could you check out this post, follow the steps there and confirm how this worked out for you?

Thanks in advance!  

Cainos
Regular
Hi Petya,

I (And many others) have tried those steps and it does nothing to fix the issue. All of the posts about this issue are from Samsung Galaxy S8, S9 and S10 (All Android 9 too i think?) users so it is pretty obvious that either a recent Samsung or Spotify update is causing the rather annoying issue.
Petya
Community Legend

Hey @Merissah,

Thanks for telling us about this!

Please check the steps in this post out and follow them in the exact same order as given there. 

Let us know if that helped 🙂

Petya
Community Legend

Hey @tony1278,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We know you have reinstalled, however we advice you to run a clean reinstall as suggested in the hyperlink in the answer above.  Sounds similar but makes all the difference, trust us!

After that, could you confirm exactly which steps have you taken after following the answer, please?

We'll be awaiting your reply 🙂 

Related Issues