Premium

Country

Guatemala

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok so my app shows a series of glitches, I have tried to reinstall the app, delete data, delete cache, and after a while it still happens. The issues are as following: 

1. App shows wrong song playing
  2. Progress bar doesn't move or the time elapsed/remaining. 
  3. When you leave the app UI and change to another app, after a while the audio stops playing and it resumes when opening it again, but still not showing the correct info. 
  4. No widget on the notification bar, but audio still playing. 
  5. Audio still playing even when closing the app from the square button on Android. It has to be force closed. 

As I said, I have tried from deleting cache and data from the app, from Android app manager. I have tried uninstalling and re installing and still the same. 

Please help me, I have been a subscriber for many years and I don't wanna change my streaming platform but it is too stressful as I use the app a lot of time daily. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies,  we’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

If you haven't already, could you also make sure to provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • does this happen when connected to Bluetooth

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus8

Operating System

Android 10 (OxygenOS)

My Question or Issue

Suddenly the now playing panel has stopped updating to display the current song playing. It keeps showing a different song and is stuck there. It doesn't matter how many different songs I click on and play the current song still displays the old song even though the music is different. Also the notifications disappear.

It gets fixed when I close the tab and reopen. But then the problem comes back after some time.

I have tried clearing the cache, logging out and have also done a reinstall. Problem still persists.

Visitor

I have the same or similar issue. Music will play but the spotify ui doesn't show anything playing and there is no spotify notification. Restarting the app seems to fix it but it will just do it again after a while.

Visitor
  • Yes I've got the same issue had it for about a week. Very annoying 
Casual Listener
I have this same problem too, been this way a few days now and is the same when using through sonos app too..using an Oppo Find X2 Pro

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

When using the app and the connection, the song that is showing as playing does not match the actual song. I can control the song start, stop and pause with the wrong song showing but can't see correct time. Also, sometimes the songs just stops.

Visitor

Same problem here on Android on a Huawei P30 Pro

Visitor

I can confirm the same is happening to me on my Samsung Note 10+. After a couple of minutes of driving and listening to music, on the app it shows an old song, almost like if the app was stuck...then after awhile, I can't even open the app, I have to open apps manager and restart it from there. It started as of 1-2 weeks ago.

Casual Listener
Yes! It started happening to me also 1-2 weeks ago.
Visitor
Same issue here, since a few days. Sony Xperia 5, all updates installed.
I have a similar problem. Mine can be reproduced by selecting one song and pausing it. Then choosing another song. The new selected song's audio starts playing but on the display, it shows the last song's artwork as paused. If I double click on the play/pause then it stops playing and returns to the song that's stuck on the display. Samsung Galaxy S10+.