Premium

Country

Guatemala

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok so my app shows a series of glitches, I have tried to reinstall the app, delete data, delete cache, and after a while it still happens. The issues are as following: 

1. App shows wrong song playing
  2. Progress bar doesn't move or the time elapsed/remaining. 
  3. When you leave the app UI and change to another app, after a while the audio stops playing and it resumes when opening it again, but still not showing the correct info. 
  4. No widget on the notification bar, but audio still playing. 
  5. Audio still playing even when closing the app from the square button on Android. It has to be force closed. 

As I said, I have tried from deleting cache and data from the app, from Android app manager. I have tried uninstalling and re installing and still the same. 

Please help me, I have been a subscriber for many years and I don't wanna change my streaming platform but it is too stressful as I use the app a lot of time daily. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies,  we’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

If you haven't already, could you also make sure to provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • does this happen when connected to Bluetooth

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
Gig Goer

Hello @Elena, you should read @Asting's analyses in this thread. he did some really good research about the issue. 

Same issue.  Updated the app, but no change in status.

Visitor

I have 8.5.79.1061 installed and still have the issue present.  My phone is a fully up to date S10 and I do not have a smart watch.

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies,  we’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

If you haven't already, could you also make sure to provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • does this happen when connected to Bluetooth

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Recently updated on 10/15 to version 8.5.80.1037 on an unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra with Android 10 G988U1UES1BTIG and started experiencing this issue.

I've noticed that it seems to occur after I've been running Spotify on my desktop and then my phone connects to my car via Bluetooth. It picks up the playlist that was playing on the desktop app (even if the app was recently closed) but the Now Playing screen on the Android app is stuck on whatever song was last playing before picking up the desktop playlist. UPTDATE: There was also a stuck notification after I disconnected from my car's Bluetooth that said "Spotify is trying to play...." which I've never seen before.

Same problem here on Android on Google Pixel 3 XL. The last song's artwork is stuck and the play button is stuck on play. I have Spotify version 8.5.78.909. Android version 11.  Yes, happens when I am connected to Bluetooth to my Bluetooth Bose headset. 

Visitor

I don't know if this is part of the same issue but it definitely started at the same time:

When listening to an album or playlist in offline mode - if I put the phone down for a few minutes, and then go back to listening to the album or playlist, it will - without fail - skip the next track. If I try to circumvent this by queuing up the proper next track, it will skip four or five tracks ahead.

Needless to say, this is infuriating. 

Casual Listener

Same or similar problems at first.

Worsened after reboot and reinstall,

now the app does not even start.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9.

SW update: Sep 13th 2020.

Spotify version: 8.5.80.1037.

Update - same issue with Spotify version 8.5.81.991.

Update - same issue with Spotify version 8.5.82.894. BUT when I updated to the latest Samsung S9 SW as of the 29th of Oct, it works fine again. So perhaps the culprit in my case was a malfunctioning Samsung SW.

Visitor

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 10

Same Issue. Showing one Canvas and dont change it with song change. Songlength-bar useless. Please fix this asap, because premium is not usable like this. Would send a Video, but your "search 14000 post for your problem" is the worst possible way to let your customer report a bug..

Visitor

I am having all of these main issues.  I have a Galaxy Note 10 and I am using Windows 10.  I have Spotify mobile app playing music using bluetooth headphones. 

The desktop app only shows the song playing on my phone when I open the desktop app.  It never changes and the queue never updates.  If I close the app and reopen the app will update to whatever is currently playing on the mobile app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked correctly for a day or two and then reverted to this behavior. 

I am also experiencing the glitch where Spotify will start playing over Bluetooth even when it is not open.  This only happens when I initially connect a bluetooth device such as my car or my Icon Headphones.  The notification bar will say "Spotify is attempting to play." I have noticed that if I open the app click the play button a few times, that will stop it from playing.   

When I add a song to the queue from the desktop app the popup menu doesn't close.  I have to click away within the desktop app window.  A few weeks ago I could add songs to the queue even though the behavior wasn't normal.  Starting today I cannot even add songs to the queue from the desktop app.