Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Mobile] Now playing view not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

Guatemala

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok so my app shows a series of glitches, I have tried to reinstall the app, delete data, delete cache, and after a while it still happens. The issues are as following: 

1. App shows wrong song playing
  2. Progress bar doesn't move or the time elapsed/remaining. 
  3. When you leave the app UI and change to another app, after a while the audio stops playing and it resumes when opening it again, but still not showing the correct info. 
  4. No widget on the notification bar, but audio still playing. 
  5. Audio still playing even when closing the app from the square button on Android. It has to be force closed. 

As I said, I have tried from deleting cache and data from the app, from Android app manager. I have tried uninstalling and re installing and still the same. 

Please help me, I have been a subscriber for many years and I don't wanna change my streaming platform but it is too stressful as I use the app a lot of time daily. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies,  we’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

If you haven't already, could you also make sure to provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • does this happen when connected to Bluetooth

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

In the meantime we recommend that you try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Soft reset
  • Different network 

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version.
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried. 

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

OnePlus Nord

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

The now playing pane does not update when playing a song and there is no widget on the notification window, occasionally get "Spotify is trying to play audio..." message.

On the currently playing pane in the app I can skip song backwards and forwards and also change the time on the song, this works and the album art will change but will change to another incorrect song normally the one next suggested or in a playlist of the one it shows I am playing rather than the one I'm hearing.

Visitor

Having this problem since today, Huawei p30 pro.

The UI is not showing anything currently being played. The clicked song starts to play but stays white instead of turning green. There is no currently being played pane, or whatever it's called.

Restarting changes nothing.

Edit: I've noticed this on the lock screen

Screenshot_20201005_135138.jpg

 while it's playing

Regards

Visitor

Actually none of the music controls work, play pause, forward back, I can only click on a song and leave it playing.

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Note 10+

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

I have attached screen recording of Spotify acting up. Status Bar not moving. Wrong musicplaying...
I have uninstalled and re-installed and cleared cache.

Video here: https://streamable.com/11yzo2

Same problem over here. I also have a Android system (Samsung A8). Fully updated as well

Plan 

Premium 

Country 

Germany 

Device 

LG G6, Samsung S10 

Operating System 

Android 9 & 10 

Spotify Version 

I get the same issue when loosing the bluetooth connection to an old bluetooth device. Spotify stops to react and keeps playing music now over the internal speakers. We have this problem since we updated last time spotify. Only quitting the app  stops the music.

Visitor

Same problem as above.  Samsung Galaxy s20+

Visitor

I have the Samsung Galaxy S20 and same issues happening to me as well.I did uninstall spotify but still not working

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

Huawei P30 Pro

Operating System

(Android 10)

Hmm,

It might indeed be bluetooth related, I've been in and out of the range of my bluetooth dacamp yesterday and had bluetooth headphones(different device) connected while the issue appeared today.

Later today I tried without bluetooth device connected and the play pane is back.

Related Issues