Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Mobile] Now playing view not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

Guatemala

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok so my app shows a series of glitches, I have tried to reinstall the app, delete data, delete cache, and after a while it still happens. The issues are as following: 

1. App shows wrong song playing
  2. Progress bar doesn't move or the time elapsed/remaining. 
  3. When you leave the app UI and change to another app, after a while the audio stops playing and it resumes when opening it again, but still not showing the correct info. 
  4. No widget on the notification bar, but audio still playing. 
  5. Audio still playing even when closing the app from the square button on Android. It has to be force closed. 

As I said, I have tried from deleting cache and data from the app, from Android app manager. I have tried uninstalling and re installing and still the same. 

Please help me, I have been a subscriber for many years and I don't wanna change my streaming platform but it is too stressful as I use the app a lot of time daily. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies,  we’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

If you haven't already, could you also make sure to provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • does this happen when connected to Bluetooth

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments

I´ve allready done this ( a million times):

1. Go to your phone’s Settings.
    2. Select Apps.
    3. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.
    4. For a clean reinstall, tap Storage, then Clear Data.
    5. Tap Uninstall.
    6. Open Google Play and install the Spotify app.

The Problem remains...

Casual Listener

8.5.78.909 is my Spotify version and the issue for me still remains

For me the problem started in the first of October.

I am having this issue also.

Plan: Premium

Device: Galaxy Note20

Android vers: 10, last updated 3 August

Spotify app vers: 8.5.78.909 updated 28 September.

Cheers

Iain

Visitor

hi there,

I got the same issue.

I'm using the 'Samsung Galaxy note 10+'

My Spotify app is updated too.

It just appears that I'm listening to another playlist that I was listening to awhile ago, but actually I changed to a new playlist. But the status aka progress screen hasn't updated to this song or playlist. The music is still playing but. Although that cuts in and out a bit. 

Cheers

Casual Listener

Same thing. Samsung S20.

Let´s all send e-mails to Spotify, so they can see, it´s a general problem.

support@spotify.com

Visitor

Happening for me on Google Pixel 4XL running a stable release of Android 11. 

Have tried clearing cache and storage. Have also uninstall and reinstall.

Same as everyone reported: since the last update, the player pane is not updating itself in the app and there is most of the time no control possible over the played songs.  For instance the music will keep playing despite quitting the app.  Also, there is no Spotify player showing up in the notification pane in Android. Resetting the app or restarting the phone may bring things back to normal, though not for very long.  Cliché, but if it ain't broke please don't fix it! 

• Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G  & Sony Xperia 1 ii / Android 10
  • Spotify 8.5.78.909
  • Troubleshooting: clearing app storage and cache, performing a clean install of the Spotify app (not a stable solution)

Same issue with non refresh.

Experienced yesterday on Samsung s9 and on new s20 today with all fresh installs.

Related Issues