Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Sharing music via messaging apps like Messenger and Snapchat isn't working

Plan

Premium

Country

Canads

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9

Operating System

Android10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to share music through messenger. It says it was sent, but nothing goes in the chat. I have to copy the url and paste it in the textbox.

Cheers

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we looked into this.

The team working on this issue has identified that the issue has been caused due to a change on Facebook's end. We've gone ahead and reported this to them, but this is not something that we can fix on our end.

We suggest you keep your app updated. In the meantime, you can use the workaround provided here.

Cheers!

Comments
heipaadeg

My problem is when I copy/paste a songlink to someone in Messenger, only the link appears. Not really a big problem, but previously when you pasted a link in Messenger it automatically showed a thumbnail of the album that the song is on, PLUS the link to the song. That way the person you're sending it to can see what song you're sending them, not only the link. And when it comes to Instagram: when I copy and paste a spotifylink in the messenger there, it only shows the link, but it's not possible to click it. Anyone who knows what's up?

adammmtee

This is had been happening to me as well. For a few weeks now. Oneplus 8.

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this.

We're still waiting to hear back from the relevant teams - we'll make sure to keep you posted as soon as we have any new info to pass on here.

Stay tuned!

sigs4pres

This is super annoying, I cannot share or receive music through Messenger 😭 a daily activity for me ❤️ please fix it 

tqm1963

Same problem. Was working until towards the end of December 2020.

guenavere

From Australia.

I just found out today that I can't share a song via Messenger. 

I've restarted my phone and even uninstalled the Messenger app, but it didn't make any difference.

This is annoying to be honest. 

MariannGi

I have the same issue on both of my phone and my laptop. On my phone, it  appears sent but it doesn't show in the chat. On my laptop, it just does not work (error message). I use the Share link option meanwhile, but it's really annoying. 
I hope that we will find the solution. Thanks !

nordtiger01

Same Issue, all my friends too.

PingaPingu

This is happening fore as well it doesn't matter who I send it to or if it's a song, album or playlist

zikabuk

Exact same issue here.