[Mobile] Sharing music via messaging apps like Messenger and Snapchat isn't working

Plan

Premium

Country

Canads

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9

Operating System

Android10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to share music through messenger. It says it was sent, but nothing goes in the chat. I have to copy the url and paste it in the textbox.

Cheers

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we looked into this.

The team working on this issue has identified that the issue has been caused due to a change on Facebook's end. We've gone ahead and reported this to them, but this is not something that we can fix on our end.

We suggest you keep your app updated. In the meantime, you can use the workaround provided here.

Cheers!

Comments
Flows201

Bring back the share song features in text an social media like what’s up with that ?!! Should I just cancel my subscription ( been a Spotify premium member for 3 yrs) there is always Apple Music 🤔

CptnMustachio
Visitor

Not certain if this will help anyone but I found this helped me. If you're trying to share via Facebook Messenger on mobile and your SMS Texts are linked through Facebook, when you're given the option to share, select SMS, you'll be prompted then if you want to send the SMS via your phones SMS program or Facebook Messenger, to which you can send via Messenger. 

Mario
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

While we're investigating, it might be worth it to try the workaround posted by @CptnMustachio here.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this. 

swordfish6975
Visitor

More lip service, this ticket has been open for way to long. 

Also don't link to my much easier workaround on page one, link the post directly above yours.

This shows zero effort.

Nicodemous55

@Mario@Rodiken Okay I was having the same problem on my Note 8. Here's what I found works. When facebook did that huge update and connected Messanger and Instagram. The icon changed and the name too. So when you press share in Spotify the icon on the first few lines for Messanger is blue and doesn't work . But if you hit "other" you'll see the new icon which is multicolor and called chats and that icon works as intended! Hope this helps others. Seems like spotify just need to delete the old icon or replace it on specific devices with the chats icon.

Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

While we're investigating, it might be worth it to try these workarounds that users posted: 

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this. 

Tastelessbitch
Casual Listener

I have the same issue, have to copy and paste. It was after i made the playlists to open always with spotify instead of chrome.

lhanna28
Casual Listener
thanks for your reply!
my snaphat has no new update, and I'm logged into my account. I was forcing
quit both apps but its still doesn't working. I tried more song and the
function just works with the songs which have canvas (the loop video).
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+
an Android 11 system (with a UI. 3.0)
my spotify version is 8.6.2.774
(my snaphat version is 11.16.0.42 if it's count)
denzo_ferrari

I can't share songs via Snapchat too. It keeps saying an error has been occured, try again later. This started like 3-4 days ago and i already updated it to the latest version of spotify.

densik
Casual Listener

@Mihail 

You only started investigating this 2 weeks ago?!? THIS WAS REPORTED IN DECEMBER. I wish your shareholders saw this, maybe then you'll change your mind about ignoring the community posts.

[Mobile] Sharing music via messaging apps like Mes... - Page 5 - The Spotify Community