Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Sharing music via messaging apps like Messenger and Snapchat isn't working

Plan

Premium

Country

Canads

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9

Operating System

Android10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to share music through messenger. It says it was sent, but nothing goes in the chat. I have to copy the url and paste it in the textbox.

Cheers

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we looked into this.

The team working on this issue has identified that the issue has been caused due to a change on Facebook's end. We've gone ahead and reported this to them, but this is not something that we can fix on our end.

We suggest you keep your app updated. In the meantime, you can use the workaround provided here.

Cheers!

Comments
densik

Still happening...speed it up devs, this is a super annoying issue.

Erikroman

Same problem that I share with several of my friend. The share function to Messenger is not working. I have reinstalled and deleted the cache. Nothing works. It’s an important function on Spotify so it’s a big problem for me and many of my friend. 

We use IPhone and all live I Sweden.

Alindahl11-se

Will the problem be fixed at all? Some people apparently have had it for several years. It is questionable whether we should pay full price for less funktionality. 

Charbrown

I’m experiencing this exact issue too, looks like this was posted 4 weeks ago, is anyone even looking into it? I send my family songs all the time and it’s really starting to get on my nerves.. 

thomashallberg

Same issue here. We are a few pals who used to share tracks everyday but not anymore. We all use different phones, Samsung, Huawei, iPhone and so on... Different OS also...  Annoying! 

Michelle1986

I'm having the same issue!!!!

I'm trying to share music through messenger. It says it was sent, but nothing goes in the chat. I have to copy the url and paste it in the textbox.

ssigelakisminsk

Happening to my husband and I as well. Haven't been receiving songs from each other through messenger for three weeks now.

Abbbsec

I tried to share a song to my boyfriend and no luck. Tried the following to rectify the issue but it's not working. 

1.) Tried copying and pasting the url through messenger but its not working. Music won't shop up in the messages.

2.) Click on the share button from spotify to messenger - it will show as 'SENT' but when I check the messages, it's not there.

Today I tried again however it will the link of spotify app itself instead of the music.

Hopefully this will be address by the support group soon. Thanks

MusicSharer

Please get this sorted, well annoying not to be able to share music.

jim817

Not working on iOS either.