[Mobile] Sharing music via messaging apps like Messenger and Snapchat isn't working

Plan

Premium

Country

Canads

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9

Operating System

Android10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to share music through messenger. It says it was sent, but nothing goes in the chat. I have to copy the url and paste it in the textbox.

Cheers

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we looked into this.

The team working on this issue has identified that the issue has been caused due to a change on Facebook's end. We've gone ahead and reported this to them, but this is not something that we can fix on our end.

We suggest you keep your app updated. In the meantime, you can use the workaround provided here.

Cheers!

Comments
Beno19
Visitor

I hope this issue will be solved soon. Im not gonna keep paying for a feature i cannot use. Ive been with the premium subscription since the beginning i dont want to keep hearing your working on it. 

jim817
Casual Listener

I second that sentiment for sure. I’ve been sell Spotify to anyone who would listen. Now y’all are making me look like a chump. 

skejpa
Regular

Its not workign like a month and this does not work for all. General problem Spotify share to messenger on every device. Dont tell me it will take half a year to solve !

wolfy747400

Same issue here. January 25th 2021

EmilePerrot
Visitor

I have this problem too but can make it work if I share and when pop up menu comes up I skip Messenger and go to more... then up comes an app called Chats. Click this and the song is sent via Messenger 

beerka
Have the same problem when I try to share a song from the spotify app to facebook messenger. It says that the message was sent but actually it wasnt. Have been like this for a few weeks now. Samsung S9 with Android 10.
CptnMustachio
Visitor

Myself +2 of my friends who also use Spotify have the same issue. +1'd to the thread. 

Alindahl11-se

Spotify, please get back to us with information about the status of the solution to this problem. How far have you come? 

Kribu
Visitor

PLEASE MAKE FRIENDS WITH FACEBOOK AGAIN. This sucks.

solarsd
Casual Listener

Yeah, same here... Seems like sharing via Messenger is broken for lots of people for quite some time. Copy-paste a link still works, but produces just a sketchy URL in the chat window, no song name, no thumbnail...

Rebooting, reinstalling, clean reinstalling, 'switching off phone and waiting a few minutes', sleeping on it, etc. doesn't work.

And it seems the moderators even stopped saying "We're so super working on it"... which was annoying as **bleep**, but now is worse when even that is gone... <:

So, SPOTIFY, pls, any news? Will sharing via Messenger ever work again...?