Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Sharing music via messaging apps like Messenger and Snapchat isn't working

Plan

Premium

Country

Canads

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9

Operating System

Android10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to share music through messenger. It says it was sent, but nothing goes in the chat. I have to copy the url and paste it in the textbox.

Cheers

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we looked into this.

The team working on this issue has identified that the issue has been caused due to a change on Facebook's end. We've gone ahead and reported this to them, but this is not something that we can fix on our end.

We suggest you keep your app updated. In the meantime, you can use the workaround provided here.

Cheers!

Comments
trianglehead

When I try to share songs from spotify to snapchat spotify saying: Looks like something went wrong. 

It just works with the songs which have canvas.

my both app is not have new update 

I reinstalled both app but it did not work

I have a Samsung Galaxy A8+ an Android Version 9 

my Spotify Version 8.6.4.971

my Snapchat Version 11.16.0.42

Please help 

Mario
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

Thanks for staying with us while we keep looking into this. The right teams are investigating.

In the meanwhile, we can confirm there already is a way to share a link using Messenger:

• tap the Chats button (Share > More > Chats ) inside the More options instead of the Messenger button 

share.pngmore.pngchats.png

We're able to confirm the above also thanks to these workarounds that you posted (thanks a lot folks!): 

If you’re new to this thread and are experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to be notified of any developments.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have the next updates.

Alindahl11-se

Sure, the plain link to the song will be sent but without the thumbnail of the song i.e., no picture of the artist/album is sent together with the link. 

Please keep working on the problem.

Charbrown

Now it’s not even giving me the option to share via messenger at all, I click ‘share’ ‘more’ then ‘more’ again and it’s been taken off the list 😡

Shimi_nko

Sharing through Desktop App to Messenger isn't working either.

Peter
Status changed to: Won't Fix

Hey folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we looked into this.

The team working on this issue has identified that the issue has been caused due to a change on Facebook's end. We've gone ahead and reported this to them, but this is not something that we can fix on our end.

We suggest you keep your app updated. In the meantime, you can use the workaround provided here.

Cheers!

seaque

Having the same problem for a long time. I think it started around after Facebook merged Messenger with its other apps,  simply after the new Messenger (though there are people who had issues back in 2016).

At the beginning of the problem it used to be able to share songs in a message with the link of the song and a preview, but still that wasn't the most ideal version. I just want to send a preview, which looks best in my opinion. But now we can't even do it, it sends a link that redirects you to Spotify. No preview at all.

And for that workaround Mario shared, it doesn't seem to work as of May 2021. It sends a message such as "Hey, here's a song for you. [Song url]"