Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile app isn't showing album covers in Your Library

Hey folks,

We are receiving reports from multiple users saying that their mobile app isn't showing album covers in Your Library. This is being investigated. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +Vote to this thread.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Krankor_UK

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro) iOS 14.7.1

Issue

Since iPhone Spotify app version 8.6.54.1230 the album art is not shown in 'Your Library' album list (only shows grey square with circle). 

However, when selecting a specific album from 'My Library' it will show the full album artwork.   Navigate back to 'Your Library and all albums are shown as grey boxes again.

I do not have the issue on the spotify web player or desktop version (all albums have artwork in 'My Library' view), only iPhone spotify app appears to be affected .

I have followed all steps for cleaning, remove cache, remove app, re-cycle phone, re-install app etc more than 3 times now all resulting in same issue.   

Other views like the home screen shows all album artwork, search shows all album artwork, but not My Library (unless I select an album from the album list).

I've tried changing the view, the sort options (recently played, added etc).

Your Library View

IMG_0240.PNG

When selecting an album the artwork is shown

IMG_0239.PNG

Go back to Your Library view - reverts back to grey box.

IMG_0237.PNG

Any help suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

vfontes

Same thing happening to me.

CarlosE

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you try restarting the app twice in a row? This may sound odd but it's how the app does a cache refresh.

If that doesn't make any difference, could you let us know if that behavior persists when using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data?

We'd also like to know if it happens while the Offline mode is enabled.

Keep us posted.

rgreenway76

I have the same issue and logging out twice and back in has made no difference 

Krankor_UK

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried restarting the app twice (correct me if I'm wrong), but I presumed this to mean logout, login, logout and login.    

No change, issue still persists.

Tried changing networks (another wifi and mobile).  Also restarted app twice under these conditions too.   

Tried offline (and once again attempted logging off twice and restarting).

Sadly issue still persists.

I asked my Wife to see if the issue has occurred on her Android device.

She checked spotify app and could see album artwork displayed under My Library.

But then she updated the spotify app to latest version and now she too has no artwork shown for albums under the My library view.  Exactly the same as my iPhone.   This was at another location too under a different wifi network.

I hope this helps!

Thanks.

wooderworld

Have been experiencing this same problem for a few days. Tried restarting twice as mentioned above and it didn’t help.

Sveinolsvik

I have the same problem on my 4 iOS devices. Two on iOS 15 PB 6 and the other two on iOS 14.7.1.

Playlist Art is showing but not album art.

I have spoken to Spotify Support but it was no help other then deleting and reinstall App. Which represented no solution.

The problem occured after the last Spotify App update.

9BF13185-498A-42C0-8727-E40E55C53905.png
Krankor_UK

Agreed - this is exactly the same issue - Playlist art shows, but no album art in My library view.

Hopefully this issue will gain enough traction to be picked up as priority.

🙂

Sveinolsvik

I actually had a 5th iOS device (iPhone SE, iOS 15 PB 5) where the Spotify app was not updated. Version 8.6.50.969. On this iPhone, the album art appeared normally. On the iOS devices that do not display the album images, there is Spotify version 8.6.54.1230. In other words: The updated Spotify app has a bug!

AndyChats

I am having the same issues. I have tried all the suggested fixes and nothing works.