Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile app isn't showing album covers in Your Library

Hey folks,

We are receiving reports from multiple users saying that their mobile app isn't showing album covers in Your Library. This is being investigated. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +Vote to this thread.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
ahittle

Same problem. None of the fixes work. Seems like it happened a couple days after the latest update.

whateveruknow

Why am I this dumb? Why do I keep updating your app when it works fine, only to find out something breaks as a result of updating.
I'm a stupid man, what can I say. You fool me once, twice, thrice, god knows how many times. Every time, something gets **bleep** after updating. This time, it's the album art in my library.

Please, just tell me how I can roll back to a previous app version on iOS?

Eni

Hi folks!

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference. 

If the issue persists with different internet connections as well, would you mind sending the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices? We'll pass this info to the team that is currently looking into it.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies. 

Sveinolsvik

I have an iPhone SE, (iOS 15 PB 6) where the Spotify app was not updated. Version 8.6.50.969. On this iPhone, the album art appeared normally. On the iOS devices that do not display the album images, there is Spotify version 8.6.54.1230.

I have tried different WIFI settings, but it makes no difference.  My 4 other iOS devices with Spotify app version 8.6.54.1230 do not display album art in the library.

The updated Spotify app version 8.6.54.1230 definitely has a bug!

whateveruknow

iPhone Xs, iOS 14.6
Spotify version is 8.6.54.1230 - soon as I installed it, lost my album art in library.
Changing Internet connection / reopening / reinstalling / clearing local storage doesn't help.

CarlosE
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

First up, make sure to try these troubleshooting steps that may be helpful:

• Log out and close the app, restart your device, log back in.
  • Run a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.
  • Try using a different Internet connection (another WiFi network, mobile data, mobile hotspot, etc.).

If after trying those steps you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Additionally, could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• Device make, model and OS version.
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Internet Service Provider for all the connections tested during basic troubleshooting.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

rgreenway76

iPhone 11

ios 14.7.1

latest Spotify version 

have tried all the suggestions of logging out, clean installs, deleting app, restarting phone and so on….nothing has resolved the issue.

31yr7ldoxui62tz

i have this exact issue please let me know if anyone finds a solution 🙂

Krankor_UK

Hello,

Just for information updated to Spotify release 8.6.55.1233 (as of Monday 23rd August).

Issue still persists.

Thanks.

rgreenway76

Same for me - issue hasn’t been addressed