Mobile device disconnecting from chromecast control

I noticed today that upon casting spotify to my chromecast (video, version 2), Spotify would successfully cast to the tv and play music but then would disconnect so I lost all ability to control the music playing from the speakers. 

I can still control through the Google Home app/ google notification controls so I don't think this is a chromecast/google related issue. 

My chromecast was on the beta program and I since rolled back to the non-beta in an attempt to fix but to no avail. 

Please fix. 

Thanks for letting us know. It's good to hear it's sorted.

If you ever need us again, feel free to let us know. You can also reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook

Have an awesome day!

Comments
BEAK65

I am having the same issue. My Chromecast is NOT beta.

This issue just appeared after a recent update to the Spotify app (Android).

Please fix this SOON!

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @ACar!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Coudl you send us your Android, desktop OS, and Spotify version you're using on both devices? Also, let's try heading to this article, and follow the steps under "It's not working".

Let us know how it goes.

BEAK65

Not sure why--but, I am no longer having the issue.

SergioDavid
Roadie

Thanks for getting back to us @BEAK65.

We're glad to hear it's sorted! Be sure to let us know if you ever need us again.

@ACar, be sure to let us know if the steps we provided earlier were helpful in getting this issue solved. 

We'll be right here waiting for any updates. 

ACar
Casual Listener

@SergioDavid Mine is also now working again. I ended up doing a factory reset of the culprit chromecast and that seemed to have fixed it. Other devices are also functioning normally on my network ::shrug::

SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Fixed

Thanks for letting us know. It's good to hear it's sorted.

If you ever need us again, feel free to let us know. You can also reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook

Have an awesome day!

Related Issues