Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

''More like ... '' feature stuck with the likes of the same band for weeks

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Xiaomi 

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Hello friends, I am a Premium user on Andriod Phone device. All is peachy and I enjoy the app, although lately there is a spot of trouble. On my Home Spotify screen, there is a very nice feature, called More Like, which shows bands similar to one I've listened. it used to change often enough, giving more directions for discovering new music. Now it is stuck for a couple of weeks on the likes of the same band. Do you know how to get the feature to let go of it? 

Many thanks 

Beano

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for all your reports so far!

We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We wanted to let you know while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix for this issue, we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Comments
Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and sorry for the slow reply on our part!

@beano12 - you mentioned that this seems to be fixed for you. Could you let us know which device(s) you were experiencing this issue on, and whether any updates fixed this for you?

In the meantime, could anyone who is still experiencing this issue first try updating their Spotify app to the latest versions on mobile/desktop? Additionally, could you try a clean reinstall if you haven't already?

If this doesn't do the trick for you, then we will need a bit more info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device & OS version
  • is this happening on mobile/desktop/both?
  • if it's happening on both, are you seeing the same heading with "More Like [Artist]" on both devices?

Once we have this information, we will be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

Johnny_Robot

@Peter wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and sorry for the slow reply on our part!

@beano12 - you mentioned that this seems to be fixed for you. Could you let us know which device(s) you were experiencing this issue on, and whether any updates fixed this for you?

In the meantime, could anyone who is still experiencing this issue first try updating their Spotify app to the latest versions on mobile/desktop? Additionally, could you try a clean reinstall if you haven't already?

If this doesn't do the trick for you, then we will need a bit more info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device & OS version
  • if it's happening on both, are you seeing the same heading with "More Like [Artist]" on both devices?

Once we have this information, we will be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

Hi @Peter, thanks for your reply!

I'm still experiencing this issue, even after reinstalled the Spotify app to the latest versions on mobile and desktop. By the way, not my case but you should take in consideration that the most Spotify users only use the mobile version, many do not even have the app for PC, even the Premium users.

In my case:

• exact Spotify version: 8.4.90.722 (Android)
  • device & OS version: OnePlus 3, OxygenOS 5.0.8 (Android 8.0.0)
  • this is happening only on mobile
  • I'm seeing different heading with "More Like [Artist]" on Android and Windows 10 devices.

Waiting for a resolution 🙂

Best regards.

Jemi

Hey everyone,

We've made some changes backstage. Can you reinstall the app and see if the issue's resolved?

Thanks!

OskarMyre

Hi everyone!

I installed the update that was pushed to the App Store this morning and it’s still happening for me. After that, I deleted the app and reinstalled to no avail. All my device and app information is below. Any additional help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

iOS Version: 12.1.3

Spotify Version: 8.4.90.684

iPhone XS

256GB

Johnny_Robot

Hey @Jemi

After reinstall the app the issue is still happening... 

beano12

Hello friends. I am glad that the Spotify team got involved with our problem. I believe there would be a solution. I am curious to understand what causes the app choose a specific artist or playlist from what we are listening to. I often ask myself  Why this artist and not tenth of others I was listening to yesterday or an hour ago.  Also, when the app makes a choice - is there a time of day or night for it to act?

For a while, I seem to get rid of the issue without doing anything at all, but now Like the Artist function is showing Like Ethel Waters for a long while although I just very slightly tried 2 of her songs, and listened to many many other artists and their entire albums since then. 

My point is - It should be an excellent feature when its dynamic nature is functioning. I DID have many new enjoyable leads to follow because of it. Not to mention that the app itself is wonderful and has plenty of ways to please and interest a user.  

Let us hope a little more understanding of how it works will come through what we are experiencing.

Best 

Beano

aldrsm

Hi, everyone!

I used to have the same problem. I did a lot of different manipulations, but seems, what actually helped me it when I removed some of the artists from the Recently played list on every device I have spotify. And after several minutes More like finally was changed to other artists. Also just in case I used Search and looked for some other artists after all.

morrisdracula

Hi I also have this issue and it's annoying especially when I am paying £9.99 a month please sort it out or provide workable solution as I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app and lo and behold still there stuck on same thing...

Peter

Hey @morrisdracula and @aldrsm,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Could you provide us with the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device & OS version

Once we have this, we'll pass it on to the right people.

Thanks!

Johnny_Robot

It looks too hard to get this fixed... 😞