Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

''More like ... '' feature stuck with the likes of the same band for weeks

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Xiaomi 

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Hello friends, I am a Premium user on Andriod Phone device. All is peachy and I enjoy the app, although lately there is a spot of trouble. On my Home Spotify screen, there is a very nice feature, called More Like, which shows bands similar to one I've listened. it used to change often enough, giving more directions for discovering new music. Now it is stuck for a couple of weeks on the likes of the same band. Do you know how to get the feature to let go of it? 

Many thanks 

Beano

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for all your reports so far!

We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We wanted to let you know while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix for this issue, we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Comments
quiksnowboard

UPDATED: 27-Feb-2019

I have tried all of Spotify's suggestions (re-install application on MAC Desktop and iPhone XS) and none of them work.  This is beyond ridiculous as Spotify is denying it's advertised services to those paying for Premium Subscription.  

To re-cap, using the "Discover" Tab, the "Top Recommendations For You" has not updated in over 3 weeks, and is stuck with the same artists.  

What is going on Spotify? Why have you not provided a fix or vetted recommendations to get this feature back to normal? 

beano12

I am sorry to hear that. For a moment it looked like something was changing

Regarding you saying 

''using the "Discover" Tab, the "Top Recommendations For You" has not updated in over 3 weeks, and is stuck with the same artists. '' 

I have the same thing going on and believe you have discovered and brought to light another issue 

How often "Top Recommendations For You"are supposed to update, especially after you already tried them all.

Suppose you could open a new topic, what do you think?

quiksnowboard

beano12 : 

"Top Recommendations" used to update regularly at least once a week for me (sometimes twice a week).

If you think it will help, I can create a new topic.  

beano12

I am sure it will help

beano12

@kkamphaus wrote:

Did you do anything special, beano12?

I did nothing special prior to the change for normal

Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

@beano12@KC924@markstuartwalke@Johnny_Robot, glad to hear all's well now 🙂

On another note, @quiksnowboard, there's another Ongoing Issue that fits better with what you're descibing. In that case, we'd recommend heading here and adding your +VOTE. This way, you can stay up to speed with any updates we have regarding that issue there.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Katerina
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for all your reports so far!

We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We wanted to let you know while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix for this issue, we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

kkamphaus

Thanks, Katerina....will the web player automatically update as well?

OskarMyre

While my suggestions changed from what they were when I originally commented / reported my issue, it’s now stuck again. This time around it’s more relevant to my regular listening habits though, so it’s not as bad. But sadly, the issue still continues for me.

beano12

Not so good at the moment. The feature" More Like ... artist " just disappeared on my Android phone when I logged in this morning. There was no update or anything critical at least 4 days prior to this. Hope it is very temporary 🙏.

On the bright side , maybe it is a sign that there is some work going on regarding our issue.