Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple SD card storage options are shown in app settings

Hey everyone!

We've been receiving reports about the app displaying multiple SD cards in the storage options. 

OI.png

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that the right teams are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, at the moment, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Comments
compzach
That's nice and all but this issue only affects spotify, I also have you tube premium and you tube music and neither of those applications have had any issues with creating the folders, also this only happened after the latest update that google store that this issue came up, I don't know if I also stated this point but when the last update came in spotify randomly forgot all my music, stating that the music needed to be redownloaded, though when I looked at why my SD Card was so full it was the spotify folder where it stores the files, which only tells me that the music was still there and the application glitched or had a fault that caused the app to forget the music downloaded. Id love to believe its my phone having the issue and not spotify, but the application has had multiple issues before and even when it is working decently it tends to drink my phones CPU and memory resources causing the rest of my apps to slow down.
Jeremy

Hi there @pino12 and @thealiensarecoming,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

@pino12 - can you confirm if you followed the other step that @Alex mentioned regarding the battery optimization?

@thealiensarecoming - we suggest that you start with following the troubleshooting steps that @Alex provided in his answer above. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can check if everything is ok with your account's cache.

Hope it gets sorted out. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CaseyOverland

I have a Motorola G fast. I've been dealing with this issue ever since I started storing music on my SD card. I've searched around the internet and found nothing but half baked solutions and "solved" threads that offer no actual help. Every once in awhile Spotify will simply undetect my SD card, it then requires me to reselect it and redownload all my songs. Often in the storage section of settings two more SD cards are listed which are just mirrors of my internal storage. Please Spotify, either fix this error that almost all Android users have, or provide a solution to the issue.

akratorn

Hi, I have the same problem (3 SD card storage detected).

I have downloaded many songs locally and randomly Spotify changes the default memory and starts downloading all the songs from the beginning.

I've done all of Alex's steps but it doesn't work. 

Please help

Screenshot_20211203-181108_Spotify.jpg
Eni

Hey there @akratorn

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In this case, we suggest that you remove the SD card > restart your phone > reinstall the app following the steps @Alex sent previously and check if that makes the difference. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if you've already tried using a different SD card? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Eni

Hey there @CaseyOverland

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

In this case, we suggest that you follow the steps @CarlosE sent previously in order to reach out to our Support team so they can take a closer look at your account and check if its cache is corrupted. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

CaseyOverland
This seems like a common issue, and I believe I've already taken these
steps but I'll try anyway. Thank you for responding.
akratorn

Hi Eni,

thanks for your reply.

I tried doing what you said (Alex's method) but it doesn't work.

I also tried to remove the SD card,  to deep reset my Samsung Galaxy S20FE (without insert the SD) and install the Spotify app, but the problem still remain (see the attachment, my S20FE shows 2 SD card located in my device internal memory... very strange...).

I don't know how resolve my problem, please help me

Thanks

Regards

Screenshot_20211204-222226_Spotify.jpg
Vssantiago

The support, at least in Brazil, is terrible. There is no continuity, every message is replied by a different person. Looks a schizophrenic conversation, where i have to repeat the issue over and over and they keep asking to "remove, clean, reboot reinstall" Did it 8 times before giving up. The app keeps downloading the whole library every time i reboot the phone, and still showing two "fake" SD Storage.

Will wait my subscription to end, then migrating my and my whole family accounts to another streaming service. Didnt want to, but the support got on my nerves, its totally disrespectful to treat users/clients as idiots.