Announcements

Music controlled on another device.

This usually happens when I turn off my Bluetooth but whatever music I'm listening to will change to something that I have never selected. Not only that but it will keep trying to play that unwanted music on other devices that aren't mine. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Thanks for that info @daneall.

We understand your concern about seeing someone else’s device in the connect picker. Don't worry, our Accounts team can take a closer look at this to help you out. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook. Just send them a private message with your account's email address and username.

You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need us again.

Our best,
Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @daneall! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone is using your account. Could you change your passwords and sign out on all devices here? Let me know if it happens after that.

Take care! 🙂

daneall

That's what I was thinking and I wanted to do that but my password isn't working so I have to sign in with Facebook to use my account and the email listed isn't my email. Should I just cancel my account and make a new one? If I did would I lose all my playlists?

Maria_B

We understand.

Just to check, is your password it's not working, or you're not being able to change it? If you're getting any error messages, could you send us some screenshots? On the other hand, we suggest you change your Facebook profile password too. 

Keep us posted.

daneall

I'm not able to change my password. The email it shows for my account isn't my email or associated with my Facebook email either so if I try and reset my password it all goes through that email.

I'm not getting any error messages just this message in the attached photo. When I hit listen on this phone is plays for a second and then it stops and this message pops up again.Screenshot_20170516-154918.png

Maria_B
Status changed to: Closed

Thanks for that info @daneall.

We understand your concern about seeing someone else’s device in the connect picker. Don't worry, our Accounts team can take a closer look at this to help you out. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook. Just send them a private message with your account's email address and username.

You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need us again.

Our best,

Env: prod