Music not resuming on Galaxy Watch

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

When playing music with Spotify and working out, after S Health's audio guidance of workout ends, music does not resume.

If I play music with the native player, music will resume in Spotify the first time after guidance speaks, but won't resume the following times.

Without Spotify installed, native player works as expected.

Hey all,

This should be fixed now.

If this is still an issue for you, please let us know by creating a thread in the relevant Help Boards 🙂

Have a nice day!

Comments
BJHat
Visitor

I also have the exact same issue, Spotify not resuming after Samsung Health workout callouts, which is quite a hinderance when using Spotify on the device during workouts.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app on my watch, re-paired my watch to my phone, and re-paired my bluetooth headphones to my watch. The issue persists unchanged from the initial behavior.

The other specifics are below:

Watch:

• Model: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active (SM-R500)
  • OS / Version: OneUI 1.0, Tizen 4.0.0.3, Software version R500XXU1BSB7
  • Spotify Version: 2.1.8

Phone:

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)
  • OS / Version: Android 8.0.0
  • Spotify Version: 8.4.97.807

Watch paired with Jaybird Freedom 2 bluetooth headphones when exhibiting this behavior.

Thanks!

Jemi
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

We've let the right team know about this and will get back to you as soon as we have updates. If the playback doesn't resume after Samsung Health's audio guidance ends on your Samsung Galaxy Watches, try the steps below (if you haven't already):

1. Reinstall app on your phone
  2. Reinstall app on the watch
  3. Re-pair the watch with Bluetooth

You can also make sure that all your devices are up-to-date with any software updates.

If the issue persists after that, we'd appreciate the following details so our tech teams can take a closer look:

• Your device and its OS version
  • The version of the Spotify app on your phone
  • The version of the Spotify app on your watch
  • Does this occur when using any Bluetooth connected headphones?
  • Any screenshots or screen recordings of what happens would be useful

We'd also suggest adding your +VOTE to make sure you stay updated. Thanks!

kinslayer_e
Casual Listener

I'm not sure if these "moderators" are bots, or just people a bit less inteligent than bots...

mynewplugbing
Composer

Galaxy watches have been having some issues as of lately i noticed i have the same wacth and same issue but a simple update of my galaxy watch fixed the problem. 

Ricky_Spanish

I think this is a result of the "music playing after a call" fix. It now seems if anything pauses spotify it won't start again. Please fix this but don't bring back the other issue.

EDIT: And no I won't reset/reinstall/repair/click my heels together 3x. Just fix your stupid app without wasting anymore of my time before I ditch spotify for a different service.

neilmunns

Similar issue to above, but I use MapMyRun  as a fitness app rather than the on board Samsung Fitness App as I am paired with an iPhone 8. Absolutely gutted as this was the only reason I bought the watch. As stated by other people in this thread it renders Spotify/Galaxy watch as useless as a fitness tracker/music partnership. It worked straight out of the box - apart from the issue with Spotify starting after phone calls. Now that doesn’t happen, but like others every time I get a voice prompt from MapMyRun, Spotify stops working. 

CCLiu

"@neilmunns wrote:

Similar issue to above, but I use MapMyRun  as a fitness app rather than the on board Samsung Fitness App as I am paired with an iPhone 8. Absolutely gutted as this was the only reason I bought the watch. As stated by other people in this thread it renders Spotify/Galaxy watch as useless as a fitness tracker/music partnership. It worked straight out of the box - apart from the issue with Spotify starting after phone calls. Now that doesn’t happen, but like others every time I get a voice prompt from MapMyRun, Spotify stops working. "

yes, spotify can resume after phone call but not do the same when audio guidance finish.

gesweiler

Same issue, however, spotify will not resume if interuppted by any type of notification, voice call, or guidance. This will occure when playing standalone or with another app such as samsung health, through any bluetooth device. 

Thanks,

+VOTE

dzmitry13

I have exactly same issue with my Galaxy Watch

pjp40

Exactly the same issue here, with Map My Run.

It’s infuriating.

Related Issues