Music stops because of Spotify usage "elsewhere"

Hey guys, i need some help. 

Since yesterday, i try to listen to my Spotify Premium on my iphone, only to have my music stop, and for a message to pop up saying "The music has stopped because your account is being used somewhere else". Spotify offers no diagnostic for this, nor a solution, so i disregard the message and attempt to continue listening to my music, only for the music to stop and for the message to continually pop back up. 

Recognizing that this is a potentil problem, i try to listen on my macbook. Same results. I panick and log onto the spotify website to log my account off from every device its being used on. The problem persists. I change my accounts email, password, and log the accounts off from all devices as many times as i possibly can. the only thing that seems to temprarily fix the problem is when i go onto private session.

whats going on here? is my account compromised? is it a glitch? does anybody else every experience this? i need help because i really enjoy spotify but if this problem cant be fixed with everything that ive tried, then im afraid that i'll have to switch to a different music streaming service.

We'll close this for now as it doesn't look like an ongoing issue.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further help 🙂

Comments
greglozito

EDIT: earlier that same morning i was listening to spotify on my iphone perfectly fine. so i'm truly at a loss for whats going on here.

osornios

@greglozito

Some devices, like Sonos, bluetooth speakers, or PS4s, keep the connection to Spotify even after password changes, because of how the API works.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.
Natalie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

We'll close this for now as it doesn't look like an ongoing issue.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further help 🙂