Announcements

NOT ABLE TO WATCH ANY VIDEOS IN SPOTIFY PLAYLISTS

whenever i try to play any video on spotify it says that "We're not able to play this video in your current location".Please fix that ASAP.

Hey @techgod4!

We've confirmed this is expected behaviour as the video content isn't available in all countries due to licensing.

No worries. Once you're back in the USA the videos will continue to play as usual.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

All the best.

Comments
Alfredo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @techgod4, welcome to the community!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Could you send us your device's make and model, OS and Spotify version? Also, what country are you rocking Spotify from?

We'll see what we can suggest.

techgod4

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, version 7.0, Spotify version-8.4.32.623 arm V7 and using it from India(linked with friends account)

Alfredo

Thanks!

By any chance, do you have a different Spotify account you could use to test it out? Also, does reinstalling Spotify helps at all?

Keep us posted.

techgod4
Spoiler

I don't have any other account. But I did reinstall Spotify and it didn't seem to work. Reinstalling Spotify doesn't help.

Alfredo

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Could you send us the link to the playlists this is happening to? Also, a screenshot of the error message as you see it on your end would really help.

Keep us posted.

techgod4

This usually happens in the playlists which have videos in them. Like Rap Caviar(https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0XUsuxWHRQd?si=XPy0Q9C5RBqR1WtNCsS95Q) and also in the shows that Spotify does like traffic jam,etc.Screenshot_20171226-120322.png

Screenshot_20171226-120313.png

Alfredo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @techgod4!

We've confirmed this is expected behaviour as the video content isn't available in all countries due to licensing.

No worries. Once you're back in the USA the videos will continue to play as usual.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

All the best.

Env: prod