Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Home Screen Update (i.e"Good Afternoon" Playlist) not working

I have been updating my Spotify on my iOS but I don't see the new Spotify home screen where it greeted me Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening along with 6 playlist. I have reinstalled the app and still doesn't see it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

(iPhone XS)

Operating System

(iOS 13.5.1.)

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this. There have been some changes made so that more users would be able to get the Shortcuts easily.

You need to keep in mind that they should show up when we have enough listening info to create them.

We'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version if you still have trouble.

We can also suggest that you:

• Log out/log in
  • Run a clean reinstall
  • Try with another device
  • Toggle off the Private Mode
  • Listening for a week or so to a variety of tracks

Thanks again for your patience!

Comments
Ver
Status changed to: Under investigation
Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

We'd also recommend trying:
  • Log out/log in
  • Run a clean reinstall
If these don't do the trick, let us know the following info, if you haven’t already:
  • Device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Screenshots of how the Home page looks on your end
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Hello, I saw a lot of people having a special view on the Home Screen with the playlists in a mosaic (6 playlists) and wanted to know why I didn't have this view, I uninstalled Spotify already and logged out, I don't know how to get it? Could someone help me thanks a lot, I found a picture online showing what I want

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 22.30.13.png
jodabu

I have a similar issue. But here is what's weird. I have the family plan. On my personal login, I do not have this new personalized home screen. Using the same app on the same phone, I log out and login using my daughter's login and she DOES have the new home screen. When I login with my wife's login, she doesn't have it either. Just my daughter has it.

When I try this on my daughter's tablet, I get the same results. So, this doesn't seem to be an issue with the device or app, but an issue with the account. I have no idea why this is as I believe that this new home screen was supposed to have rolled out to everyone.

yoonnel
  • Plan: Premium
  • Device: iPhone 12 mini
  • Operating System: iOS : 14.4

Hello team,

For many months now, on both my iPhone and iPad, the top menu of the home page is missing. 

Does someone know If the feature was sunset since the original launch back in March this year?

IMG_E6646703DBB5-1.jpeg

Elena
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this. There have been some changes made so that more users would be able to get the Shortcuts easily.

You need to keep in mind that they should show up when we have enough listening info to create them.

We'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version if you still have trouble.

We can also suggest that you:

• Log out/log in
  • Run a clean reinstall

Thanks again for your patience!

KhinMyooKhine

I have the same problem. I contacted Spotify Care team and did as they said but it doesn't work. I tried to log in the other devices but it still the same. On the same device, I try log in my sister's acc, it works. It's because of the account not the device. It's really annoying as I am the family manager and not getting the features. 

spiffydean

My "Good Morning" section only updates if I listen to songs via Spotify Connect (ex: through my Sonos) but not if I listen via my phone. is there any way to fix that?

AeroZ

Received half-working update more than a week ago. It only shows two playlists that never update.

IMG_1649.PNG

• Log out/log in - DONE
  • Run a clean reinstall - DONE
  • Try with another device - SAME ISSUE ON iPAD. ANOTHER ACCOUNT ON MY iPHONE WORKS
  • Toggle off the Private Mode - PRIVATE MODE IS OFF
  • Listening for a week or so to a variety of tracks - DONE
  • iPhone 11. iOS 14.5
  • 8.6.16 and 8.6.20
Amayy
  • Device + OS version -> Galaxy M21 (OneUI 3.1 on Android 11) | Windows 11
  • Exact Spotify version -> Android: 8.7.4.396 | Windows: 1.1.77.643.g3c4c6fc6
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far -> all that is suggested above
  • Screenshots of how the Home page looks on your end ->

Amayy_0-1643786434682.png 

Amayy_1-1643786448878.png

Loxer

If you still don't have these try checking if Facebook data and Tailored ads are on here. You have to wait for a week or so for the changes to apply (could happen faster).

In case they are on try turning off, wait a week and turn them back on.

Edit: typo