Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
alexrivera54321

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Spotify works fine when I'm at home and on the Wi-Fi. As soon as I take off my Wi-Fi and go to LTE it says "Spotify is offline." I have tried hard resetting the phone, logging in and logging out of my account, completely deleting the app and redownloading, but nothing seems to work and its very frustrating.

alexrivera54321
Also I already went to the settings in the app and I have "Offline mode" turned off.
Brightwhite

Samsung s10

Doesnt work on wifi or data. Remove and reinstall app and it works for a day and then back to no connection. 

freedomsprogress

@HoustonBeerMan I certainly hope they are working on it. These issues have existed since the update on 2nd May 2019, app version 8.5.4.770

The version I'm using is from 26th April 2019! 🙃

HoustonBeerMan
No more auto updates.
Felixmanthey

Hi. 

I have the same issue.

The only way it will solve the problem is by turning my 4G off and on again. This will solve the problem right away. 

I also sometimes get "you have found a premium function" instead of the internet connection problem..

I have payed for premium several years now.

It is very annoying to restart my internet EVERY time I start spotify..

I'll post some pictures.

I have done a clean reinstall, logged in and out, restarted phone and checked settings.

I've got the latest update installed on my s10 and spotify.

Frustrating.. regards

Screenshot_20191128-170523_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20191128-170518_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20191128-170533_Spotify.jpg

  

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience so far! 

If you're experiencing this, could you make sure to try the following first:

• Log out and log back in the app with your login details
  • Restart your device
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps 
  • Use a different connection
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted/set as an exception
  • If the issue is happening on mobile data, make sure Spotify has the permission to use data under App Permissions.
  • For Android users: Make sure the Spotify app is closed. Open the following URL in the mobile Chrome browser: chrome://net-internals/#dns and click on DNS (if not already marked). There is a button saying "Clear host cache" - press that button. Next click on Sockets and press "Flush socket pools". Start the Spotify app.
  • For Windows users

1. Close/exit the Spotify app.
    2. Click on the Start Icon.
    3. Write cmd and open Command Prompt.
    4. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns and press ENTER.
    5. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
    6. Open the Spotify application.

If the issue persists after that, add your +VOTE to let us know. We'd also recommend making sure that you're rocking the latest update available as our tech teams are looking into this. 

We'll keep you posted here on any other updates we have on our end so don't forget to subscribe to this thread 🙂

quickstang

@freedomsprogress  confirmed for me at least. Uninstalled the latest Spotify (I don't care that they say keep the latest, because it doesn't work) & installed 8.5.3.716. Not sure how many versions after this work, but at least for the above version, it fixed my mobile issue. Got in the car this morning, launched Spotify & no issues with 4G. Worked right away. Not only that, landscape mode is there. Album art on the left & track titles on the right.

Definitely keeping 8.5.3.716 until it's further resolved, that the most current one works. I may test a few after this build, but I'm happy with it working the way it should.

Thanks for the info. 

tayvross

Same, it's been happening for the last couple of weeks. I've tried all of the suggested fixes but it is still happening.

I have a Galaxy S10 and am running Android Version 9.

I'm on a Spotify Family Plan and am running Version 8.5.33.831 of the app.

Thank you!

thoch
On the first part,- logging out -, it freezes and I have to do a hard closing of the app.

After that, i m doing the parts in your walkthrough but no positive result.
Same problem.

I log in and everything is offline both wifi and 4g

BR

Thomas Christiansson