Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
Mrtn
Hi all,

I would like to let you know that the latest Spotify update from a couple
of days ago solved the issues for me. I can now use Spotify with my car
bluetooth again. It also seems to start quicker with playing songs after
the bluetooth connection has established. But that also just might have
been coincidence.

I'm glad that the issue has been resolved. Thanks to everyone involved
fixing the issue!

deepak_kaku

Cleaning the cache, reinstalling the app, clearing data is not the solution

The issue is there and it keeps coming.

Recently I also had issues where album art wouldn't load

Duster81

I am having the same problem on my Samsung S10 E. I have done everything recommended twice. It worked for one day and now I am having problems again. I pay for premium and I use Spotify every day for commute. If there isn't a solution soon I will have to start looking into a different service!! 

quickstang

@Duster81 Did you try the latest Dec update? It should have fixed the issue. 

Duster81

@quickstang I noticed the update after I made my post, and it seems to have solved the problem. I wanted to try it out for a few days before giving an update. 

Johanna27

En mi caso, la actualización del 13 de diciembre NO SOLUCIONÓ mi problema... sigue exactamente igual... ¡Desastre de aplicación!... Seguimos en las mismas... ¿Alguna sugerencia?

Katerina

Hey there @Johanna27,

Thanks for passing this on here in the Community!

We hope you don't mind us replying in English.

Just to confirm, are you still having troubles with this?

If so, it'd be helpful if you could try the steps mentioned in the status update and if they don't do the trick, the exact version of the app you're on.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

gIjmmkYp

Confirming the issue is resolved

Wjeska
No and yes it will work for a while then it just stops working until I
open my phone. Then it will start again until my phone goes to sleep and
may be 3 or 4 songs later it will stop again.

Johanna27

El problema continúa en mi dispositivo... sigo sin poder abrir mi sesión... puedo abrirla en otros celulares, pero no en el mío... alguna otra solución?... o como obtener el reembolso de todos los meses que he pagado y no he obtenido el servicio?