Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
Juliankon
Dear Spotify Team,

thanks for your reply but all the mentioned steps are not solving the
problem. I have tried everything several times. Please find attached a
video about my problem „Spotify is offline when connected to Wifi“.

IPhone X
IOS 13.3.1
Spotify Version 8.5.46.588

Thanks and best regards
Julian Konrad
Hicknughes

I just opened iTunes for the first time in years because this is such a persistent problem.  What are you doing to solve this and when can we expect a solution for the 'premium' service we pay for?

tnaseem

Started happening to me too, today. Only on Wifi.

- Router Firewall settings were set to off as a test.

- Logged out, but it doesn't let me log in either now! ("A firewall may be blocking Spotify..." error).

- Reinstalled (full) - no dice.

- Web versions works fine though.

Happens on all our machines - PC, Mac, Android, etc

**UPDATE**

It turns out that Spotify no longer want to work with my Getflix DNS servers as of today, despite never having a problem for the several years I've been on both services.

Removing the DNS servers and Spotify starts to work again.

Is there any chance we can have this back working, Spotify? Or, is this the new norm?

marky_t

Premium subscriber, iMac Pro macOS 10.15.3, Naim Uniti Atom

It was working perfectly on my Mac and Unit Atom until today after the latest update, now neither will connect, nor will my iPad which has just updated the app too. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips, most of which seem support 101, to no effect.

However, I tried using a VPN on my MAC and that did help, but still nothing on my Atom. 

Is this going to get fixed or need to cancel subscription and move over to Apple Music - which is not my preferred option, but hey, if Spotify cannot provide a working service for the money we spend... 

hankaviator

My Spotify Windows app has the same issue. Proxy is properly set but the app tries to directly connect to server in some cases for unknown reason. It does use proxy partially though as I can see from my proxy logs.

The behavior is similar to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Proxy-not-working-since-1-0-83-318/m-p/4516544/high...

caperj999

My issue with not being able to update spotify or to log into my spotify desktop software or my microsoft store spotify app has been solved by uninstalling my third party antivirus software which had its own firewall . The name of this software is called Vipre Advanced Security . I have a lifetime subscription to this software and had been using it for years with no problems . I had all the firewall rules set to allow regarding everything spotify. I don't know what changed with the Vipre software in the last few months. At first I just shut down the Vipre software and seen that I was able to log in to spotify, then I restarted Vipre and I was blocked from logging in to spotify once again. So now I completely uninstalled everything regarding Vipre and now all is well once again. They say the Windows 10 Defender built in antivirus and firewall are enough to protect your pc . I hope so. I just wanted to share this in case anyone sees themselves in my case.

z8888jay

Windows 10, using 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b (Microsoft Store version).

I've had this on and off for a while but now the error is showing all the time.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled (also deleted my appdata folders). Tried on various VPN connections, tried different DNS, cleared DNS cache, enabled a proxy, etc. Nothing works.

Until I reinstalled I could play music that I had downloaded. Weirdly the application is happy to let me log in and out so must have a connection at that point.

Please fix this ASAP, it's unacceptable to have a subscription based service that is broken for so long.

Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for adding these details!

@z8888jay@hankaviator@marky_t - thanks for adding these details! If possible, could you try attaching a video of what's happening? It'll help our teams investigating this. Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed.

@Juliankon - it looks like the video you attached is not showing up in the Community! Could you give it another try? We'll make sure to pass it along to the right folks.

@tnaseem - thanks for adding this! We've passed it along to our tech teams.

We'll keep you posted here once we have any updates 🙂

Juliankon
Dear Spotify Team,

could you receive the video?

Best regards
Julian Konrad

Lomeinmaster

I've tried all steps mentioned in the thread and have not been able to use Spotify on desktop for the last few weeks. No matter what, I get error code 4.

Is there really no ideas coming from the devs about this?