Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
howdy31

Can you please fix your software so that we don't waste time with all these cumbersome steps. Thanks.

Johanna27

Good afternoon. Finally, through technical support email, they told me to turn off the cell phone, remove the SIM card and reinstall it. This worked partially, because there are still times when the application stops alone and I have to restart the application, however, so far it is the best solution I have found.
Please, spotify, continue working on improving your platform. Hopefully they can solve the problems you have! I hope someone serves this partial solution that they gave me in technical service.

Roger1966

I had the same problem on Windows 10. 

I changed from 5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz. By changing my Wireless mode to IEEE 802.11b/g/n. 

This worked for me. 

Good luck. 

Lomeinmaster

This is really disappointing. Still can't use Spotify on  Windows 10. I've been forced to use the web player now for 2 months. I see the status is now under investigation which I don't believe it was when I posted 2 weeks ago, so I guess that's good.

Is there any other updates on this @Katerina ?

Roger1966

Have anybody tested my solution? It worked for me and it still working without any problem. 

z8888jay

I'm using a wired connection and still getting this issue, so it's nothing to do with 2.4/5ghz

Lomeinmaster

I'm using a wired connection as well so that solution doesn't apply to me

recrudesce

Wired connection, latest Windows 10 (as in fully updated), latest Spotify version.

Internet works fine on PC (see ping to 8.8.8.8), Spotify shows as "Offline".

No amount of quitting Spotify, flushing dns, logging in/out etc fixes the problem.  Spotify works FINE on my Chromebook, my Pixel 4, and on all 5 of my Google Home devices.  It just does not work consistently on my Windows PC.Capture.PNG

nwilcox

UPVOTE for this - tired of getting this error!

Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

@Lomeinmaster - Rest assured that our tech teams are still looking into this. Once we have any updates, we'll pass them on here in this thread 🙂

@recrudesce - just to confirm, is your Windows device on the same internet connection as the other devices that you mention? If you're on a different internet connection, it'd be helpful if you could try connecting to the same one as your other devices to see if that helps.

Further, does this also occur if you use a WiFi connection?

Any details, including the exact version of the Spotify app you're on would be very helpful.

@nwilcox - it'd be really helpful if you could let us know what device(s) this is happening on as well as the exact version of Spotify you're on.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!