Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
Globulin

Can't believe that this problem exists without solution since 2012 !?!??? 

What kind of service is it?!

S10+, premium

"No internet connection detected" 

started last week and nothing helps. 

tried practically everything described in this thread.

FIX THE BAG!!!!

Kalmora

Same problem. Cell or Wi-Fi and also different Wi-Fis... Sometimes Spotify has no Internet meanwhile I can perfectly stream, surf or use any other app. This issue I've since years and on several android smartphones. 

Kalmora

No support by Spotify. They just send me to this thread. It looks like, they don't care. Just getting our money. 

Khundes2

I have the same problem too. And I have tried everything that has been suggested in this thread. I even tried it on different phones and it doesn't work on those either. It would really be great to have a solution to this that doesn't involve going in and out of airplane mode 15 times, rebooting my phone a few times, signing in and out Spotify couple times and praying it will work. I was using it on a Samsung Galaxy a20, then tried it on an A5, and have now been using it on an S21. Same problem on all three devices.

Walls0fJericho

I have also been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now. I have tried several methods to fix and none have worked. The only way I can get around this is to close Spotify, turn on Airplane Mode, while on Airplane Mode open Spotify app, while loading turn off Airplane Mode and it comes up after 10-15 seconds or so. Very frustrating.

kightjess

Ever since the latest update my app does not work. The laptop version and mobile web browser work. The Android Google Play (on Samsung M30s) app does not work.

The app does not work on wifi nor data. I have spoken to Spotify support twice and they do not help me - their advice has not worked so they direct me here. Having to VOTE for an issue to be fixed?! When I am paying for premium!!!

Should this not be fixed by the time my premium bill is renewed, I will be cancelling and moving my music elsewhere -what a waste of years of playlists that will be.

Walls0fJericho

*UPDATE* - Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, SM-G998U

Since my last post 2 weeks ago, I have received an update to my Spotify app as well as phone software and I have noticed a very slight change in how this problem acts. When I open Spotify it still gives me No internet connection available but after about 30 seconds it goes away and the Home menu populates but when attempting to play something it takes almost 1-2 minutes to play. 

I'm glad it at least starts working at some point but that latency is ridiculous...not sure whether the latest updates are the reason it's working "better".  It's sad that I'm happy for almost 2.5 minutes of latency. 

JT0406

Hi.  I have a new iPhone 12, software version 14.8. I installed all of my apps from scratch, including Spotify, as I had a Samsung previously.  Spotify works on wifi, but will only play downloaded songs on mobile data. It constantly reads "Connecting" at the bottom of the screen. If I try to search for anything  it says "Couldn't load the page". I have tried everything already mentioned, including deleting and reinstalling Spotify.  I had a Samsung previously and no issues with mobile data, and Spotify web player works fine. I have been into the network provider 3 times and they have never heard of this problem, and there is nothing unusual about my mobile plan.

Has there been any update since the last post here in July?

dmcatt

I had  problem on iPhone 12 of Spotify app suddenly showing offline when on mobile data but returning to online once connected to WiFi.

Solution: iPhone 12 Settings -> Mobile Data. Scroll down to apps and toggle Spotify to On.

(No idea why this should suddenly have switched itself off!)

Hope that might help!

timo-bot

Just happened to me less than 24hours ago trying to disconnect my Facebook from Spotify. I cannot login to the Spotify app after deleting it. Errors both Facebook and email login. If I use a VPN with local zone I can login. After this iPhone can access songs on wifi but not on mobile data. This is insanely frustrating.