Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
arodriguezsilva

Tengo el mismo problema.

Android 9

Galaxy A8

Wifi y 4G

Spotify ver 8.5.33.831

morgzey

I'm having this issue. Happens when I'm on 4G, it was happening on my Galaxy S8 Active and also on the Pixel 4 that I just got yesterday. It also keeps stopping payback (on the songs I have downloaded) about 10 seconds into the song, IDK if that's related. On this phone it's version 8.5.33.831, not sure what version is was on my old phone. I'm also on Android 10 now I think.

fr8train

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. When the phone goes idle and I pick it up and open Spotify, it says there is no internet connection available. When I restart the app, it works as it's supposed to.  Very annoying, and seems to be a recent problem.

freedomsprogress

Spotify for Android version 8.5.3.716 seems to be the last stable version before connection and playback issues began for me. When using this version on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 on Android 8.1 and my Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9.0, I do not experience any of the playback or connection issues that the more recent updates have brought to our Android users.

I always disable auto app updates and read reviews of the latest version before updating any app. I'm sure glad I follow this process because it has saved me all the stress from the mess that is the current release of Spotify for Android.

(nerdy explanation of how I did this below)

I extracted the Spotify apk for this app version using an app called APK Extractor, and keep it backed up so I can always reinstall it. (Sometimes Google Play Store will automatically update your apps when connected to WiFi, even if you have disabled this setting. Extremely annoying! So having the apk backed up on my phone is a lifesaver: I simply clear app cache and data, uninstall the Spotify app, and manually install the Spotify apk to get everything working again. The APK extractor app converts an installed app on your Android phone to an apk package so you can reinstall it manually at any time, and back it up for safekeeping.

If Spotify staff approve, I am happy to share the APK with everyone once they are satisfied it is a genuine copy of version 8.5.3.716

Nomadness

Hi @freedomsprogress ,

So happy that you wrote that post. I would like to receive that APK from you. Any chance you will upload the file to some server i.e.  WeTransfer and share the link via PM?

arodriguezsilva
Si @freedomsprogress pudo volver a la versión anterior, sería bueno que Spotify
cargue en Play Store la versión antigua que sí funciona y todos
actualizamos la app de una vez...
zephirynus

I experience the same issue on my iPhone 7. This happened few weeks ago around the time iOS updated to 13.2.1. In my case turning on to airplane mode for a few seconds and re-enabling mobile network allows app to connect when using mobile data packets. The app will work for some time (the longest I tested was about 35 minutes). After closing the app and returning to it after an hour or later makes it showing only "connecting". WiFi works without problems though.

jteslinger

Pixel 4

Android 10

Spotify version 8.5.33.831

Happens on wifi so it prevents me from using wifi to download music for offline mode. Also forces me to restart the app to get it 'online' but as soon as it notices it's connected to wifi it tells me there is 'no internet connection'. Crazy thing is that it will still pay music sometimes even though it says 'no internet connection'. 

I specifically pay for premium so I can use the music offline so if this isn't fixed soon you will lose me as a customer.

thoch

My problem is growing bigger

I have to log in on my Android every time i try to open it. And, as we are on a Family Plan, the rest of the family is getting a mail about new login to their account every time i log into mine.

AND from my laptop, i can´t see any of my devices, otherwise the laptop version is the one who works the best.

I can´t reach my devices from my phone either of course.

And i´m offline. both on WIfi and 4G.

Is there anyone on Spotify giving feedback??????

@Luan??

Earlier message:

Got the same problem occuring these last four Days.

Android 9 ver 52.0.A.11.3

Sony Xperia H8266 

Both on Wifi and 4G

Spotify ver 8.5.33.831

HoustonBeerMan
It looks like either the Spotify people can't fix it, are ignoring it, or
are working on it. I would prefer the latter, but afraid it's the former.