Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
hs351

The solution from the "Status Update" is definitiv not working. - Tried it this morning - My workaround (killing spotify app) does

Gingerfoxx67

Hello,

I tried everything that the admins say to do.

This happened to my last phone and I just switch phones to fix the problem. I switched to Samsung Galaxy S8 to the S8 Active.

This issue has seem to be an Android problem.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Johanna27

Tengo el mismo problema... mi celular es un Samsung A30, la versión de spotify es 8.5.33.831 y se presenta tanto en conexión WiFi como con 4G.  País: Guatemala.  Sensación:  Frustración, enojo, impotencia y desesperación.  Me da la impresión que no se está haciendo todo lo necesario.  El problema lleva muchas semanas y no parece que haya aún alguna solución... 

chrisjf80

I've been having exactly same issue too. I've noticed this happens when switching from wifi to mobile data connection. I have tried all the obvious, have u done this etc questions, even as far as switching dns provider in case Spotify didnt like my choice of dns provider. I have premium so dont need to worry bout blocking ads so it isnt that either. I've hidden root for Spotify with magisk hide. Most of the time force closing Spotify app and restarting once network change has occurred fixes my problem but this isn't acceptable for premium service. I can get same service from many other providers that dont crash if Spotify can't manage to give us this. When searching this issue it appears to be an ongoing problem from the beginning of the app from what I can see!

hs351
Hi chrisfj80,

thank you for the reply. My proposal is just a workarund and not a fix. I agree that spotify has to find the bug and is really bug. Every previous version I used was fine. Thus, let us give spotify time to reproduce and fix that error. I am sure, they will find it.

quickstang

Has anyone tested the Dec 13th version? It's weird, because Google play kept showing Nov 22nd or so up until today which is the 17th and obviously 4 days past when the release date shows in the play store. So according to the info, the latest version is 8.5.36.747

hs351

Just installed the new version - Feedback is coming tomorrow since we need one night to see whether the reconnect will work.

quickstang

@hs351 So far the latest version seems to work mobile data wise for me at least. I've never had a problem with wifi.

I will say though, that landscape album view STILL isn't reimplemented, so I won't be keeping it. I'll be uninstalling & going back to the one where data worked, & the album you're playing is in landscape mode. I'm tired of them disregarding this issue, when a lot of people use their phone in landscape mode in the car. 

hs351

The new version of the spotify app reconnected this morning succesfully - seems to be solved

@quickstang.: Many thanks for you feedback regarding the reconnect. You mentioned also a further defect. Did you enter a new issue? - Using an existing one is like a worm and makes it difficult to keep track of the individual issues.

quickstang

@hs351  As far as the landscape deal, it's not really an issue per say since Spotify knows about it. It existed, then they took it out. There's a request by many to bring it back. Some say due to some stupid hardware device they axed landscape in the app. There's an app workaround that allows landscape for all your apps, but one shouldn't have to download an app to make landscape work.

Anyway, I've got a version where mobile works and landscape, so for now it's all good.