Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
recrudesce

I only have 1 internet connection at home.  Everything uses it.  My PC does not have WIFI capability - it's wired only.

Spotify version is 1.1.30.658.gf13cde74

Bluesbirdy

This thing is going on for years now. Please Spotify, do something.

I had also the problem that the Android app was indicating "you are offine" , "check internet connection".

Dear Spotify: I am NOT offline, I am ONLINE!

I think you are confusing "Offline music listening"  with  "internet Offline"

On Android I logged out of Spotify some 3 months ago with 'offline music listening' still activated...

Since then I did not login anymore on Android (only via Windows and SONOS).

Yesterday I tried to login on Android again and that was refused, message: "you are offline" (?)

I think the problem is that there is too much time between logins with the setting offline listening still activated.

All the solutions mentioned sofar, did not work for me.

(one solution was to switch off offline listening in the app. How am I supposed to do that when I cannot login?)

This worked for me:

I cleared the cache of the Android app

I cleared all the data of the Android app (yes, ALL the data, including my downloaded music for offline listening)

I did NOT reinstall the app.

Then I could login again without any problem.

I am now in the process of downloading my playlists again for offline listening ...

Best regards

prashman

I have oneplus 6t. When I try to use Spotify with my mobile data, it says "no internet connection". 

All the other apps work fine with my data. 

Also, spotify only works on Wi-Fi. 

This issue exists for the last two weeks. 

Xenia

Thank you @recrudesce for getting back to us with these details! We've passed all info on to our tech teams.

@prashman could you let us know the exact Spotify version you're running on your OnePlus as well as the current Operating Software you have installed on your phone?

It'd also be great if you could confirm if you have already tried the steps recommended in the Status Update.

Thank you all for bearing with us while we investigate this further!

SandanistaUK

Same issue
File version 1.1.30.658

Started Sunday 19th april with "Offline not connected to the internet" type error. Restarted laptop, restarted router, followed suggestions found about checking spotify settings... none worked or cleared the "not connected to the internet".
Persisted Monday 20th, same procedure, nothig  cleared it.

Tuesday 21st, still "no access to the internet" error.

Uninstalled and reinstalled (for the second time in two months - for the same same problem). now on version  1.1.30.658 and cant log in... service is unavailable.

The Spotify on  my android is working fine as is the web browser version... just the downloaded Windows app thats failing AGAIN.
have checked firewall settings and the app has permissions in and out.

If I am honest if I have to reinstall this thing every month (and so far this year thats happened twice for the "No Internet connection error) then i will  uninstalll permanently from the laptop and find a different music streaming service as this seems to have been ongoing for years on the desktop app

Jacopollo

@Xenia 

I've been having this Issue as well (no internet connection, logged out and reinstalled to fix, cannot log in). This is only happening with my LG XPower 3, android Oreo 8.1.0. My computer is fine, tried on a Samsung Galaxy S8 (android 9) and had no issue.

Tried everything that has been suggested, to no effect.

Cheers.

Ahaddoula

I have an iphone xs i have tried everything restarting the app phone and also reinstalled multiple times yet can’t fix this issue it would not play any songs on mobile data but it would on the wifi (rarely) on wifi too it would crash and go back to offline mode 

prashman

@Xenia

Yes, I did try all the steps mentioned in the status update.

The spotify version on my mobile is 8.5.57.1164

and OS on my phone is 10.3.3

I am attaching a link to a screen recording from my phone of the error. Hope this helps. 

Spotify_Mobile_data_error - Google Drive 

Hope this can be resolved at the earliest. 

Jacopollo

@Xenia

My issue seems to be fixed as of yesterday.

After a couple of weeks of not using the app on my phone, I tried for a last time to uninstall and reinstall the app. It now recognizes my account name and password and the internet connection on the WiFi is functional.

prashman

@Xenia any update with the fix?