Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey all,

We've received reports that users are experiencing connection issues.

If you are experiencing this, please send us over the following:

• Device name with OS version
  • Spotify version
  • If it happens on WiFi, on 3G/4G (Or both)

Let us know and we'll look into this.

Looking forward to your reply.

FriskyPlace73

Okay Sure. 

Samsung galaxy Note 10 plus     Android version 9 

Spotify version is : 8.5.32.889

And happening on Wifi

RunningMan

Samsung Galaxy A40

Spotify version8.5.32.889

Only happens on 4G (when leaving working wifi-connection)

mbidewel

* Pixel 3a XL

* Android 10

* Spotify version:  8.5.32.889

* I mostly see this issue after being on Mobile data, I have seen sporadic cases on Wifi though

quickstang

* OnePlus 7T (Unlocked version & not carrier branded)

* Android 10

* Spotify version:  8.5.32.889 (Also happened with every other previous one installed in the past month)

* Happens on Mobile data when in the car on bluetooth. I will launch Spotify, try to play music & it's telling me there's no internet connection & that I am offline. No VPN, no Anti-virus. Full LTE coverage & other music apps have no issues. If the app is force closed, then restarted, it will then work without issues.

BoricSole53

This did not work for me, let me know if you have any other solutions.

Loxer

Hey @1qc-2kx5w0_t6, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you go to Settings app > Mobile Data and make sure Spotify is allowed to use your mobile data?

I'd also suggest updating to iOS 13.2.3 🙂

Keep me posted.

Loxer

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app but following these steps.

I'd also suggest using the Remove Offline Devices and Sign Out Everywhere from your Spotify account page 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

daPyr0x

LG G7 ThinQ

Android 9

Can happen on both Wifi and mobile data.  More frequent on mobile data.

Jeff_TW

I have a similar issue after upgrading to Android 10 on Pixel 3. Spotify version 8.5.32.889. Sometimes Spotify tells me there's no internet connection when I'm on 3G/4G while other apps work fine. The issue typically goes away after closing Spotify and then opening it again. I tried reinstalling Spotify and didn't help. Please help fix this issue.