Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
prcribeiro

Hi @d-vid,

The implications of disabling the connectivity check for other processes should be minimal, as this has mainly to do with detecting "captive portals" on public Wi-Fi networks (that I myself don't use). Linux Mint even has a setting that you can toggle on the Privacy settings, so you can easily test this solution and re-enable the setting if you want to:

prcribeiro_0-1605869714018.png

After effectively fixing the issue on my side since yesterday, I now believe that different issues must cause the "offline Spotify syndrome" on different operating systems. 🤔

SencerH

No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection (error code:4)

Constantly occurring while application is running.

Not behind any captive portal.

Happening in multiple installations and different connections.

Steps I Try:
Spotify desktop app reinstalled
Spotify connection settings changed
DNS addresses changed

SantiagoArgent

Same problem as all this people, already tried everything, even instaling SPOTIFY LITE. But the same problem, it doesn't work with Mobile data, perfectly fine with Wifi.

This startes like 1 or 2 month ago. 

Device: Huawei p20

SandanistaUK

using the app - PC Windows 10 runing latest version of Spotify.

After at least a year of no problem its back again today.
Error code: accesspoint 39
Says a firewall setting but thats not correct, no changes to any firewall or settings.
Has the spotify web server or app had any changes because nothings changed on my end.
Web interface works fine.

FED UP THAT NO SOLUTION IS SUGGESTED BY SPOTIFY FOR THIS WIDESPREAD AND ONG(OING ISSUE WITH THE APP

abafazi

How is this not a priority for Spotify? The web player works just fine, but my desktop seems to think I am offline.

abafazi

I am able to reproduce this bug 100% of the time, whenever Windows says there is no internet, Spotify will be stuck in offline mode (EVEN IF THERE IS INTERNET).

Teobop

This is happening to me on my honor8 since it last updated. I managed to 'fix' the problem before when it happened by installing an older Spotify APK. It worked fine then on mobile data. Now with the app update, it tells me I'm offline even when I have 4g, and other apps work online. It is clearly a problem with the latest app version.

Spotify does work when on WiFi, just not mobile data.

Oddliquid

So your response is to not even fix it? **bleep** spotify 

kaili1

I am also having this problem when in offline mode. I have to turn on 4G in order to select & play offline songs.  Can you please help me with this?

Grouchy13

Having the same issues you all have it looks like the problem is still there. I did the reset unistall deleted my SD card and deleted files from Spotify. Dns is off. I mean what else can I do