Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection/ app shows offline despite on WiFi or data

Hi. For the past few days, I've been completely unable to use spotify on mobile data. I have the allowance to do so but all the tracks are grayed out and I get a "no internet connection" error at the bottom. It works perfectly fine on WiFi.

I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling 

Logging out and back in several times

I have the Premium Student plan and a Samsung Note 10.

Hey everybody,

We would happily like to share with you that we’ve looked into this issue once more and our team has made various changes on the back-end to improve it.

For this reason we are setting it closed. Everything should be working much more smoothly from now on.

Nevertheless if you’re still experiencing difficulties in the matter, keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings. As such We would again like to refer you to some steps that we’ve previously mentioned. They usually do the trick and if you follow and try all of them there's a high chance the issue will be resolved or you'll at least find the cause of it:

• Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.

We'll be there for you in the help boards if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Comments
MrPTRC29

Cześć, miałem to samo pomogło wejście w ustawienia, wpisanie "opcje danych komórkowych" i tam "Głos i dane", gdzie zmieniasz na "LTE, VoLTE wył. 

quickstang

I have a similar issue. I have the latest beta installed (which seems to be updated every few days & still doesn't work right)

And when I get in the car, I get "no internet connection" when I clearly have it. I've launched Google Music & it plays just fine. However, with Spotify, nothing plays.

The ONLY solution that seems to work, is that I have to force close the app by going in to info, hit force close, restart, then it works. This is obviously tiresome, & if driving, I have to wait until i'm at a light to fix it. If on the highway, i'd prefer to obviously not mess with it.

I honestly don't know what the issue is, & why something simple is broken. I'm on Android 10, & latest beta. I'm hoping that with 2-3 updates a week it'll be fixed, but nothing. Had I not paid a year already, I may have canceled it & gone back to Google Music where i've NEVER had an issue with "no connection". Definitely a Spotify issue. I wish I would have found this out earlier or I never would have gone premium.

And yes, i've uninstalled & reinstalled & that doesn't do anything. It's quite frustrating to be honest.

mbidewel

Same issue here.  Primarily occurs with mobile data.  When I start my commute in the morning everything works (going from home wifi to mobile).  Leaving work I get the "No internet connection" issue.  But once I get back on Wifi it seems to work again.

Luan

Hey, @quickstang 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

If you're running a Beta version of the Spotify app, this kind of issue can exist. So, maybe you should exit the Beta program and run the common version of the app. If even after that, the issue persists, I ask you to tell me...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

mbidewel

To my knowledge I'm not using a Beta.  I have also tried a clean reinstall, but no good.  I don't know if its relevant, but my OG Pixel never had this issue only the Pixel 3a XL I bought to replace it (both running Android 10)

Luan

Hey again, you all @mbidewel @Aleximex  @quickstang 

• If you are running a Beta version of Spotify or the Android, this kind of misbehavior can happen usually, so to ensure the best experience in Spotify, I recommend that you go to the stable version of Spotify and Android, as well.

Now, I ask you to try the clean reinstallation (I've mentioned above), and also check on your devices for a firewall or any antivirus software/app that may be blocking the access to mobile data from Spotify.

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

Nomadness
Mine issue is similar but for me it does not work on Wi-fi, but works on mobile data. I've described it here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-stops-to-work-when-connected-to-Wi-FI/td-p/4860603 but no one replied yet 😞 It's ridicoulus that such issues occurs and blocking us from using for what we have paid.
quickstang

Reinstalled the non beta version and this morning while in the car headed to work I launched Spotify and got no internet connection, you're not online message again. Tried a few times but nothing. I had full LTE signal. Hit a red light, force closed the app, relaunched and it started playing right away.

No VPN, Anti-virus, firewall, or anything. 

FriskyPlace73

I have same issue with Spotify . Keep saying no internet connection but it is . And I'm on wifi also on Samsung Note 10  

Also reinstalled the app and also clean the cache out . Did everything on my end so . It probably a bug in the app

Screenshot_20191121-224657_Spotify.jpg
Nomadness
@FriskyPlace73 correct - that's my issue as well. So it's seems that Spotify broke it an hopefully it will be resolved asap.