No longer receiving email notifications

Hey, I've updated my notification settings multiple times to receive email notifications about new music from artists that I follow, but I haven't gotten any in about a month now even though I know new music from some of these artists has made its way onto spotify during that time. Help?

Thanks for the info @vinnytheb and @dazimmerman!

These notifications are currently being sent out on an artist-by-artist basis. We'll pass all your feedback on as the team behind notifications are currently looking to improve this. For now, we'd recommend checking out Release Radar every Friday. 

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Take care!

Related Issues

Comments
RodrigoPalma
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @vinnytheb, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We’d like to know a bit more about what’s happening. Can you let us some of the artists you're talking about? We’ll see what we can suggest.

We’ll be waiting for your answer.

vinnytheb
Casual Listener

Thanks for the reply, man. I used to recieve email notifications for every artists I was following. Since I stopped recieving them I know for a fact that Ab-Soul and J.Cole had both released albums to spotify, and I received notification for neither.

dazimmerman
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. I follow 1500+ artists and am used to receiving email notifications daily. However, it's been a month since I've received any. My notification settings are in order. I'm a premium member: I am *paying* for notifications of new releases by artists I follow. If you (or anyone else) discover what the problem is or how to solve it, please let us know. - DZ

JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Thanks for the info @vinnytheb and @dazimmerman!

These notifications are currently being sent out on an artist-by-artist basis. We'll pass all your feedback on as the team behind notifications are currently looking to improve this. For now, we'd recommend checking out Release Radar every Friday. 

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Take care!

robyr
Casual Listener

A user already found a good website that does what spotify used to do. He made a post here

dazimmerman
Casual Listener
Many thanks for the info about Swarm.fm for receiving notifications from
Spotify artists I follow. The site looks promising, but I follow over 1000
artists, and Swarm.fm says that I'm following only 3 artists. Any idea why
this would be or how I can fix this?
robyr
Casual Listener

@dazimmerman In my Case, it's missing ~ 50% of the new realases from my 300 followed artists and the list shows releases from artists I don't even follow.. It's not perfect but it's the best solution I found, waiting for spotify to fix this issue.